FRANCE: Hermes FY sales exceed expectations
- Full year revenue increased 22.6% to EUR3.4bn
- Asia sales, excluding Japan, rose 25% to EUR1.1bn
- Fourth quarter revenue rose 22.5% to EUR1.04bn
French luxury brand Hermes said 2012 sales exceeded its expectations, driven by "persistently robust momentum in the fourth quarter".
The company today (12 February) said that sales grew 22.6% to EUR3.4bn, rising 16.4% at constant exchange rates.
Sales were driven by non-Japan Asia, which recorded a 25% increase over the year to EUR1.1bn. Japan recorded 7% growth to EUR545m.
In Europe, excluding France, sales increased 18.2% to EUR661.8m, with a "positive contribution from nearly all countries", while the Americas recorded 14% sales growth to EUR184.6m. In France, sales increased 12.2% to EUR555.5m.
The group's ready-to-wear and accessories business saw sales rise 22% to EUR745.6m, while silk and textile sales rose 16% to EUR424.6m.
During the fourth quarter, sales increased 22.5% to EUR1.04bn.
The company said that in 2013 it plans to continue its strategy based on "creativity, expanding its distribution network, strengthening its production capacity and securing its sources of supply".
Clothing, Footwear, Accessories and Luxury Goods Specialists in Europe: Market Guide to 2016
"Clothing, Footwear, Accessories and Luxury Goods Specialists in Europe: Market Guide to 2016" provides in-depth detail on the trends and drivers of the Clothing, Footwear, Accessories and Luxury Good...read more
French luxury group Hermes has said it expects full-year sales to "slightly exceed" its growth target of 10%, after second-quarter sales were boosted by higher demand in Asia and the Americas....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH has been fined EUR8m by France's stock market regulator for failing to disclose its stake building in luxury rival Hermes before 2010. ...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects