FRANCE: Hermes FY sales exceed expectations
- Full year revenue increased 22.6% to EUR3.4bn
- Asia sales, excluding Japan, rose 25% to EUR1.1bn
- Fourth quarter revenue rose 22.5% to EUR1.04bn
French luxury brand Hermes said 2012 sales exceeded its expectations, driven by "persistently robust momentum in the fourth quarter".
The company today (12 February) said that sales grew 22.6% to EUR3.4bn, rising 16.4% at constant exchange rates.
Sales were driven by non-Japan Asia, which recorded a 25% increase over the year to EUR1.1bn. Japan recorded 7% growth to EUR545m.
In Europe, excluding France, sales increased 18.2% to EUR661.8m, with a "positive contribution from nearly all countries", while the Americas recorded 14% sales growth to EUR184.6m. In France, sales increased 12.2% to EUR555.5m.
The group's ready-to-wear and accessories business saw sales rise 22% to EUR745.6m, while silk and textile sales rose 16% to EUR424.6m.
During the fourth quarter, sales increased 22.5% to EUR1.04bn.
The company said that in 2013 it plans to continue its strategy based on "creativity, expanding its distribution network, strengthening its production capacity and securing its sources of supply".
French luxury group Hermes has said it expects full-year sales to "slightly exceed" its growth target of 10%, after second-quarter sales were boosted by higher demand in Asia and the Americas....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton LVMH has been fined EUR8m by France's stock market regulator for failing to disclose its stake building in luxury rival Hermes before 2010. ...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Investigation uncovers China's dog leather trade