THE NETHERLANDS: Hevea Acquires Suretred Footwear
Vredestein's footwear subsidiary Hevea BV has reached an agreement to acquire UK-based industrial footwear manufacturer Suretred. With a turnover in 1999 of €2.6 million, and a workforce of 21 employees, Suretred manufactures and sells PVC Wellington boots.The acquisition will help strengthen Hevea's position in the UK industrial footwear market.Suretred is the third company that Hevea has added to its portfolio this year. The first, in January, was Viking Footwear; followed in April by Russian producer Xenoplast.The integration of Suretred into the Hevea organisation will raise the group's annual turnover to €70 million.The acquisition, which is subject to the usual conditions, is expected to be completed by the end of September.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective