THE NETHERLANDS: Hevea Acquires Suretred Footwear
Vredestein's footwear subsidiary Hevea BV has reached an agreement to acquire UK-based industrial footwear manufacturer Suretred. With a turnover in 1999 of €2.6 million, and a workforce of 21 employees, Suretred manufactures and sells PVC Wellington boots.The acquisition will help strengthen Hevea's position in the UK industrial footwear market.Suretred is the third company that Hevea has added to its portfolio this year. The first, in January, was Viking Footwear; followed in April by Russian producer Xenoplast.The integration of Suretred into the Hevea organisation will raise the group's annual turnover to €70 million.The acquisition, which is subject to the usual conditions, is expected to be completed by the end of September.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020