US: Hibbert Sports CFO to retire
US sporting goods retailer Hibbett Sports Inc has announced that chief financial officer Gary Smith is set to retire.
Smith will stand down from 1 June, and the company said it has commenced a search for his replacement.
Smith joined Hibbett in April 2001 as vice president and CFO. Prior to joining Hibbert, he held senior financial positions with Parisian for most of his career.
"We are sorry to see Gary leave us, but regrettably understand his choice to retire and spend more time with his family," said president and CEO Jeff Rosenthal.
"Gary has been a key contributor to our growth and success over the past 12 years. He has built an exceptional financial organization at Hibbett, and his successor will inherit a very capable team."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar