UK: High-Street Same-Store Sales Fall Again - BRC Survey
UK same-store retail sales decreased during September for the sixth month in a row, according to a report released by the British Retail Consortium.
Same-store sales fell 0.8 per cent during September 2005 compared with September 2004 sales, the British Retail Consortium/KPMG monitor survey said.
However the decrease was less than the ten per cent slide posted in August and marked the smallest fall since June.
Total retail sales during the month rose 3.1 per cent on a year-on-year basis, which was a slight improvement on the previous two months' sales figures.
Sales of clothing and footwear dropped more than in July and August, the survey said.
BRC director-general Kevin Hawkins: "While the underlying trend does not appear to be getting any worse, it is still too soon to say that things are improving".
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Retailers will be forced to absorb the cost of supporting Italian shoemakers if EU duties on Chinese shoes go ahead, British Retail Consortium director Alisdair Gray said....
The British Retail Consortium has lashed out against the EU's decision to refuse market-economy status to China's footwear makers, claiming it is the first step to unnecessary anti-dumping duties....
UK retail sales showed an improved like-for-like gain during December, but clothing sales took a downturn, according to the latest report from the British Retail Consortium....
UK retailers have enjoyed their first same-store sales growth since March, with colder weather driving up clothing and footwear sales, according to a report by the British Retail Consortium....
Chancellor Gordon Brown has revealed a plan to slash red tape for UK businesses to allow greater flexibility, in a move that may help alleviate fears over stifling EU bureaucracy....
British Retail Consortium director general Dr Kevin Hawkins has lashed out at comments on shoplifting made by Lord Justice Rose in the Court of Appeal....
Same-store high-street sales have fallen for the seventh month in a row as unseasonably warm weather hurt demand for winter clothing and footwear....
UK retailers could be losing millions of pounds off the bottom line due to poor communications between head office and the front line, according to an industry report from Retail Performance Specialis...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report