UK: High Street Textile Testing Services joins MTS Global
Textile and consumer product testing laboratory High Street Textile Testing Services (HSTTS) has been acquired by Modern Testing Services (MTS) in a move that helps expand its global reach.
HSTTS is based in Leeds in the UK, and was formerly part of the Burton Group. Said to be the second largest softlines laboratory in the UK, its clients include retailers, brands and their suppliers such as Arcadia Group, Paul Smith, Primark, New Look, House of Fraser, Sainsbury's and Debenhams.
MTS and HSTTS have had an alliance since 2006, and say the deal allows them to provide stronger support for customers to UK and European markets.
MTS is also in the process of growing its global network, with laboratories and offices in over 16 countries and new labs currently being established Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, and Noida and Bangalore in India.
"Our business in the UK has grown by over 150% in the past seven years and becoming part of MTS Global Group will significantly enhance the global offering to our UK-based retailers and customers," says Paul Jones, managing director of HSTTS.
MTS Global offers a range of services and testing including softlines, footwear and chemical testing, as well as social and ethical audits, factory/manufacturing audits, and inspections.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
JDA Software Group is leveraging its collaboration with IBM Commerce to help companies process orders more intelligently and profitably across multiple sales channels in real-time....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack