UK: High Streets Stage A Comeback
London's Oxford Street is the best place in the UK to set up shop, according to a new report which says the traditional high street is staging a recovery after years of decline. Retail consultancy Verdict has ranked the UK's top 100 places to set up shops, from the point of view of shopkeepers and investors, in its publication 'Verdict on the High Street 2000'. Oxford Street is followed by Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and Nottingham before the highest ranked out-of-town centre, Bluewater, in sixth position, ahead of Kingston-Upon-Thames and Leeds. "Verdict believes that the high street's position has stabilised, with the slowing down of out-of-town development and reinvestment in traditional high streets and covered malls leading off them," says the report. "Gradual growth in sales and space is predicted over the next five years," it adds.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack