UK: High Streets Stage A Comeback
London's Oxford Street is the best place in the UK to set up shop, according to a new report which says the traditional high street is staging a recovery after years of decline. Retail consultancy Verdict has ranked the UK's top 100 places to set up shops, from the point of view of shopkeepers and investors, in its publication 'Verdict on the High Street 2000'. Oxford Street is followed by Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and Nottingham before the highest ranked out-of-town centre, Bluewater, in sixth position, ahead of Kingston-Upon-Thames and Leeds. "Verdict believes that the high street's position has stabilised, with the slowing down of out-of-town development and reinvestment in traditional high streets and covered malls leading off them," says the report. "Gradual growth in sales and space is predicted over the next five years," it adds.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective