UK: High Streets Stage A Comeback
London's Oxford Street is the best place in the UK to set up shop, according to a new report which says the traditional high street is staging a recovery after years of decline. Retail consultancy Verdict has ranked the UK's top 100 places to set up shops, from the point of view of shopkeepers and investors, in its publication 'Verdict on the High Street 2000'. Oxford Street is followed by Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and Nottingham before the highest ranked out-of-town centre, Bluewater, in sixth position, ahead of Kingston-Upon-Thames and Leeds. "Verdict believes that the high street's position has stabilised, with the slowing down of out-of-town development and reinvestment in traditional high streets and covered malls leading off them," says the report. "Gradual growth in sales and space is predicted over the next five years," it adds.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective