UK: High Visibility Police Jacket In Line For Nationwide Rollout
"It has been designed to fit the new national police uniform. The jacket can be used by any force with just a change of badge," said Mr Barlow. He added that the design enabled police officers to wear their kit belts over the jacket.
"The jacket incorporates neoprene. That lets the jacket sit more comfortably on the hip, it offers some protection if you are knocked and, because it fits snugly, the belt will fit over the top. That is important because officers are having to carry more and more equipment ― handcuffs, batons, CS gas and up to eight notebooks. Our intention is that the jacket will be adopted nationally as standard specification."
Applied Visibility, which is based in Batley, West Yorkshire, has currently targeted 22 police forces as potential buyers, and the new jacket is expected to help turnover increase by as much as 50 per cent this year.
The company's existing high visibility and corporate ranges of jackets, trousers and fleeces are sold to fire and ambulance services, airport authorities, water and TV companies, and it has just clinched its first export order ― from an airport authority in Holland. It expects others to follow.
By Clive Hinchliffe.
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack