US: Higher full-price sales help Chico's Q1
- Q1 profit up to $45.9m from $35.4m
- Net sales rose 11.5% to $537.2m
- Comparable sales increased 7.7%
Women’s wear retailer Chico's FAS Inc has booked a 29.7% jump in first quarter profit thanks to higher sales of full price goods.
The company said same-store sales at its Chico's/Soma Intimates brands were up 7.8%, while there was a rise of 7.4% at the White House|Black Market chain.
And margins increased 60 basis points to 59.1%, primarily driven by improved in-season sell-through.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Women's wear retailer Chico's FAS Inc has completed the $205m deal to buy privately held catalogue and online clothing seller Boston Proper Inc....
Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief information officer and Jeff Allison as senior vice president of planning and allocation....
Plus-sized clothing retailer J Jill has appointed Scott Edmonds, the former chairman and CEO of Chico's FAS, to its board of directors....
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective