USA: Higher Sales Boost Kohl's Q4 Profit
Retailer Kohl's Corp's fourth quarter profit leapt 31 per cent from the year-ago period as it opened dozens of new stores and added children's clothing from OshKosh B'Gosh Inc, the firm announced on Tuesday.
Net income climbed to $233.8 million, or 68 cents a share, from $178.5m, or 52 cents a share, a year earlier, while sales in the quarter rose 23 per cent to $2.72 billion. Same-store sales jumped 10 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"