US: Hip-Hop star Biz Markie to launch two fashion lines
Musician Biz Markie is to launch his first two clothing collections this year as he looks to follow in the footsteps of other music stars such as Sean John and 50 Cent.
One line will feature affordable T-shirts and jeans and the other will consist of designer collections and tailored suits, Natalie Hoo, who provides creative direction for the lines, told just-style.
Hoo says the lines pay homage to the relationship of ink and flesh.
"We have a technique. When you touch the garments you cannot feel the ink, just as you would not feel a tattoo on your skin."
Biz Markie stepped onto the scene in 1985, at age fourteen, as the beatbox backup for Roxanne Shanté of the 'Juice Crew'.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth