SWEDEN: H&M books 15% September sales growth
Swedish fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz has today (15 October) booked a 15% increase in sales during September.
Comparable sales increased 6% over the month.
Bank of America Merryll Lynch analyst Richard Chamberlain said H&M performed better than its major markets with 5% growth in Germany and Sweden, while the US and France climbed 3% and 1% respectively.
"H&M appears to have regained sales momentum in fourth quarter which could have potential positive implications for margin."
"We think H&M's better sales momentum in September is likely to have continued into October which should put it on a solid footing versus its inventory plan, and lessens the likelihood of excessive promotion later," he added.
The retailer operated 2,669 stores at the end of September, up from 2,363 the year before.
California-based garment manufacturer O&K Apparel has been fined almost US$500,000 for wage violations. ...
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has seen its fourth-quarter net profit nearly halve, after it was forced to clear inventory at its Lord & Taylor stores across the US after Hurr...
A group of US-based trade associations and organisations is teaming up for the second annual 'Imports Work' week next month to draw attention to the "essential role" of international trade in the US e...
Closed loop clothing recycling is set to grow in Europe as increased volumes of clothing are being collected for re-use and recycling, according to new research....
Marks & Spencer has recorded another drop in general merchandise sales as it faced "difficult trading conditions" during the fourth quarter. ...
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015