SWEDEN: H&M books 15% September sales growth
Swedish fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz has today (15 October) booked a 15% increase in sales during September.
Comparable sales increased 6% over the month.
Bank of America Merryll Lynch analyst Richard Chamberlain said H&M performed better than its major markets with 5% growth in Germany and Sweden, while the US and France climbed 3% and 1% respectively.
"H&M appears to have regained sales momentum in fourth quarter which could have potential positive implications for margin."
"We think H&M's better sales momentum in September is likely to have continued into October which should put it on a solid footing versus its inventory plan, and lessens the likelihood of excessive promotion later," he added.
The retailer operated 2,669 stores at the end of September, up from 2,363 the year before.
California-based garment manufacturer O&K Apparel has been fined almost US$500,000 for wage violations. ...
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has seen its fourth-quarter net profit nearly halve, after it was forced to clear inventory at its Lord & Taylor stores across the US after Hurr...
A group of US-based trade associations and organisations is teaming up for the second annual 'Imports Work' week next month to draw attention to the "essential role" of international trade in the US e...
Closed loop clothing recycling is set to grow in Europe as increased volumes of clothing are being collected for re-use and recycling, according to new research....
Marks & Spencer has recorded another drop in general merchandise sales as it faced "difficult trading conditions" during the fourth quarter. ...
Skatewear brand Volcom is set to increase its focus on sustainability, becoming the latest Kering-owned brand to undergo an Environmental Profit and Loss. ...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Myanmar garment sector experiencing rapid growth
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- YKK “Eco-Dye” aims to cut zipper water waste
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead