SWEDEN: H&M books double-digit January sales hike
H&M sales grew 15% in local currencies during January
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has recorded a strong double-digit year-on-year increase in January sales - outperforming in a challenging market.
The retailer, which operates 3,184 stores under the H&M, Cos, Monki, Weekday, Cheap Monday, & Other Stories banners, said sales grew 15% in local currencies.
In a note, Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Richard Chamberlain estimated like-for-like sales were up 5% - outperforming industry sales - adding that the company has raised its earnings per share forecast by 1%.
"We expect H&M's outperformance to continue to be driven by a better quality offer, with range extensions in areas like sportswear, with 18 markets having an extended collection and homewares in an additional 15 markets," he explained.
Chamberlain said trading should have "remained strong" so far in February given milder temperatures in major markets, with the prospect of "easy" comparable store sales in March.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Garment workers in Cambodia are "dying on the job" because of a combination of overwork, poor working conditions and poverty wages, a union claims....
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
A national three-week strike involving up to 3,000 cotton sector workers over wages, may now be nearing settlement....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam