SWEDEN: H&M books double-digit January sales hike
H&M sales grew 15% in local currencies during January
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has recorded a strong double-digit year-on-year increase in January sales - outperforming in a challenging market.
The retailer, which operates 3,184 stores under the H&M, Cos, Monki, Weekday, Cheap Monday, & Other Stories banners, said sales grew 15% in local currencies.
In a note, Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Richard Chamberlain estimated like-for-like sales were up 5% - outperforming industry sales - adding that the company has raised its earnings per share forecast by 1%.
"We expect H&M's outperformance to continue to be driven by a better quality offer, with range extensions in areas like sportswear, with 18 markets having an extended collection and homewares in an additional 15 markets," he explained.
Chamberlain said trading should have "remained strong" so far in February given milder temperatures in major markets, with the prospect of "easy" comparable store sales in March.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down....
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead