SWEDEN: H&M books double-digit January sales hike
H&M sales grew 15% in local currencies during January
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has recorded a strong double-digit year-on-year increase in January sales - outperforming in a challenging market.
The retailer, which operates 3,184 stores under the H&M, Cos, Monki, Weekday, Cheap Monday, & Other Stories banners, said sales grew 15% in local currencies.
In a note, Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Richard Chamberlain estimated like-for-like sales were up 5% - outperforming industry sales - adding that the company has raised its earnings per share forecast by 1%.
"We expect H&M's outperformance to continue to be driven by a better quality offer, with range extensions in areas like sportswear, with 18 markets having an extended collection and homewares in an additional 15 markets," he explained.
Chamberlain said trading should have "remained strong" so far in February given milder temperatures in major markets, with the prospect of "easy" comparable store sales in March.
Inspection, testing and certification company SCS Global Services (SCS) has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), and will promote its Higg Index sustainability measurement tool to help driv...
Ascena Retail Group has promoted SVP of investor relations Robb Giammatteo to the role of CFO and outlined a revised three-point stabilisation plan for its Justice brand....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras