SWEDEN: H&M books double-digit January sales hike
H&M sales grew 15% in local currencies during January
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has recorded a strong double-digit year-on-year increase in January sales - outperforming in a challenging market.
The retailer, which operates 3,184 stores under the H&M, Cos, Monki, Weekday, Cheap Monday, & Other Stories banners, said sales grew 15% in local currencies.
In a note, Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Richard Chamberlain estimated like-for-like sales were up 5% - outperforming industry sales - adding that the company has raised its earnings per share forecast by 1%.
"We expect H&M's outperformance to continue to be driven by a better quality offer, with range extensions in areas like sportswear, with 18 markets having an extended collection and homewares in an additional 15 markets," he explained.
Chamberlain said trading should have "remained strong" so far in February given milder temperatures in major markets, with the prospect of "easy" comparable store sales in March.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
New York & Company, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019