SWEDEN: H&M books double-digit January sales hike
H&M sales grew 15% in local currencies during January
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has recorded a strong double-digit year-on-year increase in January sales - outperforming in a challenging market.
The retailer, which operates 3,184 stores under the H&M, Cos, Monki, Weekday, Cheap Monday, & Other Stories banners, said sales grew 15% in local currencies.
In a note, Bank of America Merrill Lynch analyst Richard Chamberlain estimated like-for-like sales were up 5% - outperforming industry sales - adding that the company has raised its earnings per share forecast by 1%.
"We expect H&M's outperformance to continue to be driven by a better quality offer, with range extensions in areas like sportswear, with 18 markets having an extended collection and homewares in an additional 15 markets," he explained.
Chamberlain said trading should have "remained strong" so far in February given milder temperatures in major markets, with the prospect of "easy" comparable store sales in March.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
The Procter & Gamble Company (PG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include warmer weather a welcome boost for UK fashion sales, an analysis on why no one strategy fits all in apparel sourcing, and Tesco to open a chain of...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Milliken & Company - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects