SWEDEN: H&M books "solid" July sales increase
H&M's sales increased 17% in July
Swedish fashion giant Hennes & Mauritz H&M booked "solid" sales gain in July, driven by a favourable customer response to its merchandise.
The company, which operates more than 3,314 stores, said total sales, including VAT, jumped 17% in local currencies compared to the same month last year.
This was above the 12% rise it recorded in June, and marked H&M's eleventh consecutive month of sales growth. The increase also beat a mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts for 11% growth.
Stifel analyst Richard Jaffe, said the "solid" sales were achieved as "customers responded positively to the company's trend-right, value priced merchandise".
Trend wise, Jaffe believes H&M was one of the "big winners" this summer, with its merchandise offerings hitting on most of the key trends. "We expect strength has continued into August, likely resulting in strong third-quarter results," he added.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Performance workwear supplier Dickies has joined forces with Milliken & Co to create what it describes as a "new level" in performance workwear....
Perry Ellis International has entered into license agreements with Itochu Prominent USA, for men's dress shirts under the Perry Ellis and Original Penguin trademarks in the US and Canada....
Apparel giants, including Ralph Lauren, Under Armour and Abercrombie & Fitch, are facing renewed calls to protect forests and human rights, after a report exposed a series of alleged violations in sou...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016