SWEDEN: H&M comp sales down in December
Comparable sales fell 2% at fashion retailer H&M in December, despite an 8% increase in total sales including VAT in local currencies.
The company said sales in December had been impacted by a negative calendar effect of about three percentage points.
H&M had 2,809 stores on 31 December 2012, compared to 2,490 a year earlier.
The company is due to issue its full-year report for the 2011/12 financial on 30 January.
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Unveiling a new five-year plan to improve worker safety at the factories in Bangladesh that produce their clothing, North American brands and retailers were keen to stress the similarities between the...
Retailer Marks & Spencer has blamed poor weather and promotions after recording its eighth consecutive quarterly decline in like-for-like clothing and general merchandise sales....
High street fashion retailer Internacionale has been sold out of administration, safeguarding 1,550 jobs and the majority of its stores in the UK and Northern Ireland....
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a report that the former M&S lingerie director could be seeking GBP1m in compensation, the use of virtual 3D design to cut sample production at Ad...
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) should enforce existing standards, reduce the cost burden of testing and put more emphasis on cost benefit analysis, according to the American Apparel ...
An international forum taking place in October is set to address the latest developments and innovations in the smart fabrics industry, including standardisation initiatives and privacy applications....
Turkey-based denim manufacturer Isko has invested in "predictive simulation technology" to help improve the uptime and productivity of its weaving machines....
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide