SWEDEN: H&M creates new paradigm for skilled labour
H&M is to create a 'Skill Development Centre of Excellence'
H&M has announced its commitment to Business Call to Action (BctA), a global initiative hosted by the UN Development Programme that aims to support business efforts to fight poverty.
The Swedish clothing retailer said it will create a 'Skill Development Centre of Excellence' to help raise the levels of vocational training and provide certificates. This, in turn, will help increase productivity, as well as the long term employability of industry workers.
H&M said it hopes the training will benefit around 5,000 individuals by 2016.
If successful, the retailer said it also plans to establish a certified and replicable model for training and support for skilled labour within the export Ready Made Garment (RMG) industry.
"The training will raise the workers' level of education, provide them with skills required for development of the industry and increase their employability," said Helena Helmersson, global head of sustainability at H&M.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down....
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead