SWEDEN: H&M creates new paradigm for skilled labour
H&M is to create a 'Skill Development Centre of Excellence'
H&M has announced its commitment to Business Call to Action (BctA), a global initiative hosted by the UN Development Programme that aims to support business efforts to fight poverty.
The Swedish clothing retailer said it will create a 'Skill Development Centre of Excellence' to help raise the levels of vocational training and provide certificates. This, in turn, will help increase productivity, as well as the long term employability of industry workers.
H&M said it hopes the training will benefit around 5,000 individuals by 2016.
If successful, the retailer said it also plans to establish a certified and replicable model for training and support for skilled labour within the export Ready Made Garment (RMG) industry.
"The training will raise the workers' level of education, provide them with skills required for development of the industry and increase their employability," said Helena Helmersson, global head of sustainability at H&M.
From scanning technology for major sizing studies, to magic mirrors or virtual fitting rooms, 3D technology is helping to transform both retail stores and online shopping....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
A long-running legal dispute between luxury goods group LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton and search engine Google has come to an end after the two companies said they would instead work together to fi...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam