SWEDEN: H&M creates new paradigm for skilled labour
H&M is to create a 'Skill Development Centre of Excellence'
H&M has announced its commitment to Business Call to Action (BctA), a global initiative hosted by the UN Development Programme that aims to support business efforts to fight poverty.
The Swedish clothing retailer said it will create a 'Skill Development Centre of Excellence' to help raise the levels of vocational training and provide certificates. This, in turn, will help increase productivity, as well as the long term employability of industry workers.
H&M said it hopes the training will benefit around 5,000 individuals by 2016.
If successful, the retailer said it also plans to establish a certified and replicable model for training and support for skilled labour within the export Ready Made Garment (RMG) industry.
"The training will raise the workers' level of education, provide them with skills required for development of the industry and increase their employability," said Helena Helmersson, global head of sustainability at H&M.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Garment workers in Cambodia are "dying on the job" because of a combination of overwork, poor working conditions and poverty wages, a union claims....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
A national three-week strike involving up to 3,000 cotton sector workers over wages, may now be nearing settlement....
Milliken & Company - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey