SWEDEN: H&M December sales up 10%
H&M's total sales grew 10% in December
Fashion retail giant H&M Group reported total sales, including VAT, up 10% in local currencies during December.
The Swedish-based company added that, when adjusted for calendar effects, total sales rose by just over 12% on the same period last year.
H&M, which has stopped providing like-for-like sales figures, said it had 3,176 stores at 31 December, compared to 2,809 at the end of 2012.
In a note, Richard Chamberlain of BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research estimated that like-for-like sales were probably flat, adding that the analyst had cut its earnings forecast for H&M by about 2%, partly due to currency considerations.
But he said: “We remain positive on H&M for exposure to an improving German consumer trend, an improved offer, likely gross margin upside, e-commerce catch-up.”
H&M is due to release its full-year report on the 2012/13 financial year on 30 January.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024