SWEDEN: H&M December sales up 10%
H&M's total sales grew 10% in December
Fashion retail giant H&M Group reported total sales, including VAT, up 10% in local currencies during December.
The Swedish-based company added that, when adjusted for calendar effects, total sales rose by just over 12% on the same period last year.
H&M, which has stopped providing like-for-like sales figures, said it had 3,176 stores at 31 December, compared to 2,809 at the end of 2012.
In a note, Richard Chamberlain of BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research estimated that like-for-like sales were probably flat, adding that the analyst had cut its earnings forecast for H&M by about 2%, partly due to currency considerations.
But he said: “We remain positive on H&M for exposure to an improving German consumer trend, an improved offer, likely gross margin upside, e-commerce catch-up.”
H&M is due to release its full-year report on the 2012/13 financial year on 30 January.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Milliken & Company - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy