SWEDEN: H&M December sales up 10%
H&M's total sales grew 10% in December
Fashion retail giant H&M Group reported total sales, including VAT, up 10% in local currencies during December.
The Swedish-based company added that, when adjusted for calendar effects, total sales rose by just over 12% on the same period last year.
H&M, which has stopped providing like-for-like sales figures, said it had 3,176 stores at 31 December, compared to 2,809 at the end of 2012.
In a note, Richard Chamberlain of BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research estimated that like-for-like sales were probably flat, adding that the analyst had cut its earnings forecast for H&M by about 2%, partly due to currency considerations.
But he said: “We remain positive on H&M for exposure to an improving German consumer trend, an improved offer, likely gross margin upside, e-commerce catch-up.”
H&M is due to release its full-year report on the 2012/13 financial year on 30 January.
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
New York & Company, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Glo...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Exports of lower cotton content denim treble
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects