CHILE: H&M expands into South America
Swedish fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz has revealed it will open its first store in Chile in the first half of 2013 as it takes its first step into the Southern hemisphere.
The flagship store will be located in the Costanera Center in Santiago de Chile, the country's capital and largest city.
"We see great potential for further expansion in this fashion conscious region," CEO Karl-Johan Persson said.
Earlier this month, the retailer confirmed it will open its first store in Malaysia in September.
H&M signs contract for first store in South America
H&M, Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M), takes the first step into South America by opening its first store in Santiago de Chile, Chile.
The store will be a full concept flagship store at the best business location at the shopping mall Costanera Center, and is planned to open during the first half year of 2013.
– We are very excited to announce the opening of the first H&M store in South America, in Santiago de Chile, Chile. It is our first step into the Southern hemisphere, and we see great potential for further expansion in this fashion conscious region. We look forward to bringing fashion and quality at the best price to the Chilean customers, says Karl-Johan Persson, CEO at H&M.
Original source: H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB
Danish clothing firm IC Companys has joined the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), which works to reduce the environmental and social impacts of global apparel and footwear production....
Ahead of talks scheduled to take place next week on a potential rise in the minimum wage for workers in Cambodia's garment and footwear factories, campaigners are urging fashion brands to support an i...
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has swung to a fourth-quarter loss on the back of costs related to its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & Lifestyle Group last year....
Attorneys acting for consumers who were allegedly injured while wearing Skechers toning shoes say the number of lawsuits filed against the company continues to rise, despite a $40m settlement reached ...
Shares in Perry Ellis International fell 13% yesterday (19 February) as the apparel maker lowered its earnings outlook for the year....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020