SWEDEN: H&M gives SEK180m to global charity projects
Fashion retailer H&M’s H&M Conscious Foundation is to give SEK180m (US$28m) to three global development programmes covering education, clean water and the empowerment of women.
The Swedish company said the three programmes would begin this month, with the funding set to last for the next three years.
The education programme, which will be driven by UNICEF, is aimed at helping 73,600 children from the most vulnerable groups to attend pre-school by 2017.
Another tranche of funding will go to WaterAid to help give 250,000 schoolchildren access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene over the same timescale.
And the third programme, implemented by Care, will see 100,000 women from developing countries given access to tools, knowledge, skills or seed capital, enabling them to start or expand small enterprises.
“I congratulate the H&M Conscious Foundation for choosing to support programmes in three areas that are critical to sustainable development,” said Prof Jeffrey Sachs, director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University and special advisor to the UN Secretary-General on millennium development goals.
“The donation can contribute to big breakthroughs in each area.”
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Foot Care Products in US$ by the following Product Segments: Devices, and Medication. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Ca...
The “Clothing & Footwear Retailing in the Middle East & Africa, 2013-2018” report, published by Conlumino, provides an analysis of current and forecast market data of retail sales in the clothing and ...
Levi Strauss & Co has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry