SWEDEN: H&M gives SEK180m to global charity projects
Fashion retailer H&M’s H&M Conscious Foundation is to give SEK180m (US$28m) to three global development programmes covering education, clean water and the empowerment of women.
The Swedish company said the three programmes would begin this month, with the funding set to last for the next three years.
The education programme, which will be driven by UNICEF, is aimed at helping 73,600 children from the most vulnerable groups to attend pre-school by 2017.
Another tranche of funding will go to WaterAid to help give 250,000 schoolchildren access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene over the same timescale.
And the third programme, implemented by Care, will see 100,000 women from developing countries given access to tools, knowledge, skills or seed capital, enabling them to start or expand small enterprises.
“I congratulate the H&M Conscious Foundation for choosing to support programmes in three areas that are critical to sustainable development,” said Prof Jeffrey Sachs, director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University and special advisor to the UN Secretary-General on millennium development goals.
“The donation can contribute to big breakthroughs in each area.”
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Cone Denim has agreed a new R&D collaboration with DSM Dyneema, which it says opens up tremendous opportunities for its expanding line of performance denims....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Down supplier and processor Allied Feather & Down has unveiled a new consumer tracing resource called Track My Down....
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead