SWEDEN: H&M gives SEK180m to global charity projects
Fashion retailer H&M’s H&M Conscious Foundation is to give SEK180m (US$28m) to three global development programmes covering education, clean water and the empowerment of women.
The Swedish company said the three programmes would begin this month, with the funding set to last for the next three years.
The education programme, which will be driven by UNICEF, is aimed at helping 73,600 children from the most vulnerable groups to attend pre-school by 2017.
Another tranche of funding will go to WaterAid to help give 250,000 schoolchildren access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene over the same timescale.
And the third programme, implemented by Care, will see 100,000 women from developing countries given access to tools, knowledge, skills or seed capital, enabling them to start or expand small enterprises.
“I congratulate the H&M Conscious Foundation for choosing to support programmes in three areas that are critical to sustainable development,” said Prof Jeffrey Sachs, director of the Earth Institute at Columbia University and special advisor to the UN Secretary-General on millennium development goals.
“The donation can contribute to big breakthroughs in each area.”
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Foot Care Products in US$ by the following Product Segments: Devices, and Medication. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Ca...
The “Clothing & Footwear Retailing in the Middle East & Africa, 2013-2018” report, published by Conlumino, provides an analysis of current and forecast market data of retail sales in the clothing and ...
Levi Strauss & Co has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015