SWEDEN: H&M partners with Ginetex on new care label
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz has partnered with Ginetex, the International Association for Textile Care Labelling, to launch a new care label for its clothing products.
The Clevercare label and sunflower symbol already appear on the care labels of some H&M products, and will be extended to most H&M products by the end of the year. Items that will be excluded from the scheme include underwear and home items, as these often have to be washed at higher temperatures for hygienic reasons.
"We chose to collaborate with Ginetex in order to create awareness about the climate impact of the user phase in a garment's life, and encourage behavioural change to reduce the environmental footprint of fashion consumption," a spokesperson for H&M told just-style.
"At H&M we work hard to produce, transport and sell our products with as little impact on the environment as possible, and we work on constant improvements to be at the forefront of the industry," the spokesperson added.
The Clevercare label can be used by all fashion companies using Ginetex’s care labelling system, and reminds consumers to consider a wide range of actions when they wash and care for their clothes.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Foot Care Products in US$ by the following Product Segments: Devices, and Medication. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Ca...
The “Clothing & Footwear Retailing in the Middle East & Africa, 2013-2018” report, published by Conlumino, provides an analysis of current and forecast market data of retail sales in the clothing and ...
Levi Strauss & Co has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry