SWEDEN: H&M partners with Ginetex on new care label
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz has partnered with Ginetex, the International Association for Textile Care Labelling, to launch a new care label for its clothing products.
The Clevercare label and sunflower symbol already appear on the care labels of some H&M products, and will be extended to most H&M products by the end of the year. Items that will be excluded from the scheme include underwear and home items, as these often have to be washed at higher temperatures for hygienic reasons.
"We chose to collaborate with Ginetex in order to create awareness about the climate impact of the user phase in a garment's life, and encourage behavioural change to reduce the environmental footprint of fashion consumption," a spokesperson for H&M told just-style.
"At H&M we work hard to produce, transport and sell our products with as little impact on the environment as possible, and we work on constant improvements to be at the forefront of the industry," the spokesperson added.
The Clevercare label can be used by all fashion companies using Ginetex’s care labelling system, and reminds consumers to consider a wide range of actions when they wash and care for their clothes.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Next's head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Strong international sales, fuelled by acquisitions, helped apparel group Hanesbrands to nearly treble third-quarter profit on a double-digit sales increase....
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- JC Penney to close 10 Foundry stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead