SWEDEN: H&M partners with Ginetex on new care label
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz has partnered with Ginetex, the International Association for Textile Care Labelling, to launch a new care label for its clothing products.
The Clevercare label and sunflower symbol already appear on the care labels of some H&M products, and will be extended to most H&M products by the end of the year. Items that will be excluded from the scheme include underwear and home items, as these often have to be washed at higher temperatures for hygienic reasons.
"We chose to collaborate with Ginetex in order to create awareness about the climate impact of the user phase in a garment's life, and encourage behavioural change to reduce the environmental footprint of fashion consumption," a spokesperson for H&M told just-style.
"At H&M we work hard to produce, transport and sell our products with as little impact on the environment as possible, and we work on constant improvements to be at the forefront of the industry," the spokesperson added.
The Clevercare label can be used by all fashion companies using Ginetex’s care labelling system, and reminds consumers to consider a wide range of actions when they wash and care for their clothes.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
Signs that the 'Made in the UK' movement is gaining traction were boosted today (18 July) with the news that Tesco's F&F brand has inked a deal with Durham clothing manufacturer the AMA Group....
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
Chinese fabric and garment maker FOB Direct has chosen to invest in cloud-based product lifestyle management (PLM) technology to align its business operations....
Levi Strauss & Co. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offer...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change