SWEDEN: H&M partners with Ginetex on new care label
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz has partnered with Ginetex, the International Association for Textile Care Labelling, to launch a new care label for its clothing products.
The Clevercare label and sunflower symbol already appear on the care labels of some H&M products, and will be extended to most H&M products by the end of the year. Items that will be excluded from the scheme include underwear and home items, as these often have to be washed at higher temperatures for hygienic reasons.
"We chose to collaborate with Ginetex in order to create awareness about the climate impact of the user phase in a garment's life, and encourage behavioural change to reduce the environmental footprint of fashion consumption," a spokesperson for H&M told just-style.
"At H&M we work hard to produce, transport and sell our products with as little impact on the environment as possible, and we work on constant improvements to be at the forefront of the industry," the spokesperson added.
The Clevercare label can be used by all fashion companies using Ginetex’s care labelling system, and reminds consumers to consider a wide range of actions when they wash and care for their clothes.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey