SOUTH AFRICA: H&M plans first store
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has revealed it will open its first store in South Africa in 2015.
The store will be a full concept flagship store, the company said in a statement today (29 August).
"We see great potential for further expansion in this region," said CEO Karl-Johan Persson. "We look forward to bringing fashion and quality at the best price to the customers in South Africa."
The news comes after H&M opened its first store in Lithuania earlier this week, as part of ongoing growth. In June, the retailer mapped out its global expansion ambitions, including launching in Australia, Estonia and Serbia and via a franchise in Indonesia.
H&M to open in South Africa
H & M, Hennes & Mauritz AB (H&M), has signed a contract for a store to open in South Africa.
The store is planned to open at the earliest in 2015 and will be a full concept flagship store.
– We are very excited to announce the opening of an H&M store in South Africa. We see great potential for further expansion in this region. We look forward to bringing fashion and quality at the best price to the customers in South Africa, says Karl-Johan Persson, CEO at H&M.
Original source: http://about.hm.com/AboutSection/en/news/newsroom/news.html/en/hm-to-open-in-south-africa.html
Talks between major apparel brands, global trade unions and the Cambodian government earlier this week to discuss ongoing concerns about the country's garment industry have made "tentative steps" it e...
French luxury goods group Kering has seen its full-year profit slide, hurt by costs related to the restructuring of its Puma sportswear brand and the disposal of its La Redoute mail order business....
Canadian clothing brand Joe Fresh has outlined its international expansion plans, which will see the company move outside of North America for the first time and into 23 new countries....
Among the most-read stories on just-style this week were claims that hazardous chemicals have been found in luxury children's clothing and footwear, calls by Cambodian labour unions for a mid-March st...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020