SWEDEN: H&M plans to call new brand "& Other Stories"
Fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz confirmed to just-style today (3 March) that the new chain it is planning to launch next year will be called "& Other Stories".
The company announced last week that it plans to launch a new brand in 2013. It will sit in a higher price segment than its other lines, which mainly focus on a young or fast-fashion customer base.
The first store is set to open in a European city, and will "build on the positive experience of Cos".
Last week, H&M recorded a 4.6% increase in first-quarter net profit to reach SEK2.7bn (US$411.2m). Sales increased 13% in local currencies to SEK27.8bn. However, gross margin declined to 55.8% from 57.8% in the same period of the prior year.
It attributed the decline in margin to a decision not to pass on higher input costs, combined with higher expenses due to investments the company is making in strengthening its buying, production and IT divisions ahead of the launch of the new brand.
Anyone believing that human rights abuses are endemic in offshore production should compare the levels of protection afforded to factory workers in the developing world supplying major Western brands ...
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as t...
Members of the Association of Suppliers to the British Clothing Industry (ASBCI) are calling for increased training within the UK's fashion and textile industry....
Low consumer confidence, poor weather and negative currency effects hit H&M Hennes & Maurtiz's third-quarter margins and earnings, the fashion retailer said today (27 September). ...
India's plans to ease rules on foreign investment in retail yesterday (20 September) came into effect, even as protests against the policy took place throughout the country....
A sourcing deal inked more than two years ago between Li & Fung and Wal-Mart Stores has been replaced by a new agreement that allows the global supply chain manager to offer a range of new services to...
Japanese retail giant Fast Retailing Co has shuttered nearly one-third of its Uniqlo casual clothing stores in China following anti-Japan demonstrations in the wake of a diplomatic dispute between Asi...
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020