SWEDEN: H&M prepares for Bahrain launch
Swedish fashion retailer H&M is opening a new store in the Kingdom of Bahrain next month, as it continues to boost exposure in the Middle East.
A spokesperson for the company told just-style that the store would open in Bahrain City Centre on 3 September, selling fashion items for men and women.
The company, whose biggest markets are in Germany, the UK and Sweden, launched a franchise operation in Dubai and Kuwait during the autumn of 2006.
However, its spokesperson would not comment further about the chain's Middle East expansion strategy.
"Due to competitive reasons we choose no to disclose information about our strategy or future expansion plans," he added.
The company's Bahrain opening is a franchise store with local frim Alshaya, but the company has stated that, except in the Middle East, franchising is not part of its establishment strategy.
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Retailer Abercrombie & Fitch blamed a "nightmare" fourth quarter as the company's profit slumped to US$68.4m from $216.8m for the same period last year....
Italy yesterday (12 February) named commissioners to oversee the administration of Ittierre SpA, the young lines division of fashion company IT Holding SpA....
Dyes and chemicals maker Huntsman Corp is suspending production for up to seven weeks at its largest site in Switzerland as it proceeds to restructure its Textile Effects business in a move that will ...
Activewear company Adrenalina has named four director nominees for election to the board of directors at its buyout target Pacific Sunwear of California....
The spring advertising campaign from JC Penney Company for the first time focuses on the retailer's own range of designer brands as it seeks to attract shoppers trading down from high end stores and b...
Jeans-led apparel operator Levi Strauss & Co has hailed a "solid" 2008 despite recording a 77% slump in fourth quarter net income....
Swedish fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz today (11 February) named Karl-Johan Persson, the son of H&M chairman and majority owner Stefan Persson, as its new CEO....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020