SWEDEN: H&M reports strong November trading
H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB has seen its sales in the month of November jump 17%, boosted by new store openings
H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB has seen its sales in the month of November jump 17%, boosted by new store openings.
The clothing retailer said that sales in local currencies including VAT increased by 17% compared to the same month previous year. In comparable units sales increased by 8%.
The total number of stores amounted to 2,206 on 30 November 2010 versus 1,988 on 30 November 2009.
The company will publish its full year results in January.
Late last month, the fashion retailer took its first step into South East Asia with plans to open a new store in Singapore. The store, which is due to open during the autumn of 2011, will be located on Orchard Road in Singapore's most central shopping area. It will have a sales area of around 3,000 square metres, H&M said today (22 November).
Retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) says textile and clothing initiatives under its Plan A eco and ethical programme helped add more than GBP70m (US$113.7m) to its bottom line last year....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read articles on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
US fashion group Cherokee has boosted net income despite a dip in revenues, following a favourable tax ruling....
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Netherlands-based apparel manufacturer Vert Company has broken ground on a new apparel plant in Tan Yen district, Bac Giang province, in the North of Vietnam. ...
Retailer Men's Wearhouse recorded a sharp increase in first quarter profits as same store sales rose at each of the company's brands....
US clothing retailer J Crew has swung to a net loss for the first quarter of the year, following costs associated with its acquisition. ...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020