SWEDEN: H&M sales slip in February
Fashion retailer H&M has reported a 3% fall in February like-for-like sales - the fifth month in a row of year-on-year declines.
The retailer blamed the drop in store, internet and catalogue sales on the shorter month, which had one shopping day less than last year.
Total sales for the group were up 5% in February, including VAT in local currencies.
The retailer, which operates 2,818 stores, said the results mean its sales in comparable units fell 3% in the first quarter.
Total sales in the quarter to 28 February were 6% higher than a year earlier in local currencies, but were depressed to SEK33.15bn including VAT - a rise of 2% - when converted to Swedish krona.
Eleven brands and retailers that sourced from the Tazreen Fashion and Rana Plaza factories in Bangladesh have failed to agree compensation payments for victims and survivors, despite taking part in hi...
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company swung to a loss during the second quarter, weighed down by CAD59.9m (US$58m) in costs related to the pending acquisition of US luxury retailer S...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the US$6bn takeover of upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus, a new socially responsible garment factory opening in Haiti, and Marks & S...
US clothing retailer J Crew saw second quarter net income fall as weaker margins offset revenue growth....
UK department store operator John Lewis saw first half sales rise on the back of expanding its own-brand collections. ...
Australia's largest department store retailer Myer Holdings has agreed to acquire the remaining 35% in women's fashion brand Sass & Bide for AUD30m (US$27.8m)....
Discount retailer Family Dollar Stores has named Jeffrey Macak executive vice president of supply chain, as part of ongoing efforts to improve its supply chain efficiencies....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020