SWEDEN: H&M sales slip in February
Fashion retailer H&M has reported a 3% fall in February like-for-like sales - the fifth month in a row of year-on-year declines.
The retailer blamed the drop in store, internet and catalogue sales on the shorter month, which had one shopping day less than last year.
Total sales for the group were up 5% in February, including VAT in local currencies.
The retailer, which operates 2,818 stores, said the results mean its sales in comparable units fell 3% in the first quarter.
Total sales in the quarter to 28 February were 6% higher than a year earlier in local currencies, but were depressed to SEK33.15bn including VAT - a rise of 2% - when converted to Swedish krona.
Eleven brands and retailers that sourced from the Tazreen Fashion and Rana Plaza factories in Bangladesh have failed to agree compensation payments for victims and survivors, despite taking part in hi...
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company swung to a loss during the second quarter, weighed down by CAD59.9m (US$58m) in costs related to the pending acquisition of US luxury retailer S...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include the US$6bn takeover of upscale department store retailer Neiman Marcus, a new socially responsible garment factory opening in Haiti, and Marks & S...
US clothing retailer J Crew saw second quarter net income fall as weaker margins offset revenue growth....
UK department store operator John Lewis saw first half sales rise on the back of expanding its own-brand collections. ...
Australia's largest department store retailer Myer Holdings has agreed to acquire the remaining 35% in women's fashion brand Sass & Bide for AUD30m (US$27.8m)....
Discount retailer Family Dollar Stores has named Jeffrey Macak executive vice president of supply chain, as part of ongoing efforts to improve its supply chain efficiencies....
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)