SWEDEN: H&M sales stage January recovery
Swedish fashion retail group Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) saw sales growth stage a recovery in January, despite a fall in comparable store sales in December.
December's overall 10% sales rise was the company's smallest monthly increase since May last year, and the first time since August that comparable store sales had fallen, by 1%.
But sales recovered in January to post a 17% revenue increase, equating to a 3% rise on a comparable store sales basis.
H&M had 1,524 retail outlets at 31 January 2008, compared to 1,346 a year earlier.
Managing director Rolf Eriksen said February's sales figures would be released on 27 March.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' July 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Sears Holdings is one of nine US firms that have been fined a total of $355,000 for failing to report to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) that they sold children's outerwear garments with...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Higher same-store sales, better margins and lower expenses have helped outdoor clothing and accessories retailer Eddie Bauer Holdings Inc slash its second quarter losses....
Private equity firm The Carlyle Group is to buy a 48% stake in Moncler SpA, the holding company of high-end sportswear maker Moncler Group, as part of a move to grow the company globally....
Despite an 11% year-on-year fall in July same-store sales at Gap Inc, the US' largest specialty clothing retailer said yesterday (7 August) it is increasing its earnings guidance for the full-year....
Wal-Mart Stores Inc, the world's largest retailer, has warned that sales in stores open at least a year may rise as little as 1% in August as consumers start to spend more cautiously now that the tax ...
Pakistan is to continue to pay a 6% Research and Development (R&D) subsidy to the apparel sector for the next year in a bid to increase exports and boost jobs....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack