SWEDEN: H&M same-store sales fall 5% in June
Budget fashion chain H&M has posted a 5% drop in June same-store sales, showing that even its shoppers seeking its low-price catwalk looks are paring back in the recession.
June sales in local currencies were up by 4% year-on-year, helped by new store openings taking its total to 1,827 stores.
H&M, the world's third largest retailer by revenue, last month posted a 6.3% rise in second quarter profit to SEK4.19bn (US$525.4m) as sales jumped 23% to SEK26.54bn. However, same-store sales fell by 2% during the period.
New York-based specialty athletic retailer Foot Locker Inc is to shutter 117 stores, cut 120 jobs and consolidate its businesses under one management team in a move designed to offset slowing sales in...
Pakistan's government has imposed ceiling of 50,000 tons per month on the export of cotton yarns from the country. The ceiling will be effective from 1st January 2010....
More than 170 jobs are at risk after Scottish Borders-based JJ&HB Cashmere Mills - better known under its former name Ballantyne Cashmere - went into administration....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Department store retailer Sears Holdings has opened up its website to third-party sellers, including competitors, as part of a new online mall called Sears Marketplace....
Japanese clothing operator Fast Retailing Co Ltd has raised its full-year forecasts after surging sales at its Uniqlo casual clothing chain helped lift first quarter profit by 57.2%....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' December 2009 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Swedish fashion chain H&M is gearing up to launch a sustainable fashion line this spring made entirely from organic and recycled materials....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020