SWEDEN: H&M same-store sales rise 3% in October
Same-store sales at fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz AB rose 3% in October, the company said today (15 November).
The Swedish retailer said total sales, which include newly opened stores, were up 13% in October compared with the same month last year. The retailer has now seen its total sales rise every month since September last year, while same-store sales have been on the rise for the past five months.
The retailer operates 2,143 stores around the world.
Sales of luxury goods are poised to rise by 8% this year after reaching record levels in 2010, according to a report from corporate advisor Bain & Company....
The introduction of a bill that would help US authorities crack down on rogue websites selling fake and counterfeit goods has been welcomed by US apparel and footwear firms....
The Cashmere World trade show, which focuses exclusively on the international cashmere supply chain, has changed its dates to come in line with the luxury fibre's peak sourcing season....
Environmental and sustainability consultancy WSP Environment & Energy has appointed former Nike sustainability director Phil Berry as vice president in the Sustainability Strategy....
Tesco CEO Philip Clarke has set out his "new vision" for the UK's largest retailer, with its F&F clothing brand to play a central role. ...
Internet and catalogue retailer N Brown Group Plc, which owns brands such as High and Mighty, Figleaves, Jacamo and Simply Be, has booked a 5.5% rise in full-year profit and says it is off to a good s...
Clothing maker Hampshire Group is offloading its women's brands, with the Designers businesses being sold to LF USA, a subsidiary of Hong Kong-based sourcing giant Li & Fung Limited, and the Item Eyes...
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands