H&M shamed by UK Govt as "wage offender"
Hennes & Mauritz is one of 37 “wage offenders”
Apparel retailer H&M has been named and shamed under a new scheme by the UK Government for paying workers less than the minimum wage.
Hennes & Mauritz is one of 37 "wage offenders" named by Business Minister Jo Swinson. The document shows H&M had "neglected to pay GBP2,604.87 to 540 workers".
Between all 37, Swinson said they owe workers a total of over GBP177,000 (US$269,049) in arrears and have been charged financial penalties totalling over GBP51,000.
The government has already named 55 employers since the new naming regime came into force in October 2013. They had total arrears of over GBP139,000 and total penalties of over GBP60,000.
Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (Mitsui) is a business conglomerate....
Li & Fung Limited (Li & Fung) is a multinational consumer products trading company. It designs, develops, sources and distributes consumer goods for major retailers and brands across the world....
Outdoor fabric specialist WL Gore & Associates has presented new research to show non-fluorinated durable water repellent (DWR) treatments do not necessarily offer a better environmental option than c...
Information and communication technology company Fujitsu Frontech North America has developed a low-cost, ultra-high frequency RFID apparel tag that it says is virtually invisible when sewn into cloth...
The most-read stories on just-style this week include a look at the top ten takeaways from just-style's annual briefing on sourcing and supply chain issues likely to impact apparel and footwear firms ...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020