SWEDEN: H&M to enter luxury market - reports
H&M Hennes & Mauritz is rumoured to be preparing to enter the luxury market, with the launch of a clothing brand.
The range will be more expensive than H&M's COS brand, according to Swedish newspaper, Dagens Industri. The report states that designer Behnaz Aram, who oversees new business, is believed to be responsible for the collection.
A spokesperson for H&M told just-style today (27 March) that the retailer is looking at new ideas but could not confirm the rumours.
The reports follow the launch of its Marni collaboration earlier this month. The range is available in around 260 stores and online and features clothing and accessories using the Italian label's inventive prints.
Earlier this month, H&M launched its Glamour Collection, which features apparel made from organic cotton and hemp as well as recycled polyester.
Anyone believing that human rights abuses are endemic in offshore production should compare the levels of protection afforded to factory workers in the developing world supplying major Western brands ...
The degree to which retailers tailor their offer to local markets emerged as a key theme at the Wold Retail Congress yesterday (19 September) - and it seems there are as many different strategies as t...
India's plans to ease rules on foreign investment in retail yesterday (20 September) came into effect, even as protests against the policy took place throughout the country....
A sourcing deal inked more than two years ago between Li & Fung and Wal-Mart Stores has been replaced by a new agreement that allows the global supply chain manager to offer a range of new services to...
Japanese retail giant Fast Retailing Co has shuttered nearly one-third of its Uniqlo casual clothing stores in China following anti-Japan demonstrations in the wake of a diplomatic dispute between Asi...
Fashion retailer All Saints has tapped William Kim, the former senior vice president of retail and digital commerce at luxury goods firm Burberry, as its new CEO....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack