SWEDEN: H&M to launch & Other Stories brand in Europe
& Other Stories will open stores in Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, London, Milan, Paris and Stockholm this spring
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) has revealed it will launch its upmarket '& Other Stories' format in ten European countries this spring.
The company said the first stores will open in Barcelona, Berlin, Copenhagen, London, Milan, Paris and Stockholm. An online store will also be introduced in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
The brand, which will offer a wide range of shoes, bags, accessories, beauty and ready-to-wear, will sit in a higher price segment than H&M's other lines, the retailer said last year.
"All of us at & Other Stories are thrilled to open our first stores in some of the major European cities and we are looking forward to offering our collections to an even broader audience through stories.com," said Samuel Fernström, head of & Other Stories.
Last month, H&M said its comparable sales edged down 1% in November, slowing the 5% decline seen in October. Sales including VAT in local currencies increased 7% compared to the same month last year, helped by the addition of 304 new stores during the year.
Clothing retailers met with UK government representatives yesterday (3 July) to discuss ways to improve their supply chains following the collapse of the Rana Plaza apparel factory building in Banglad...
German-based specialty chemicals supplier Pulcra Chemicals has acquired the Skintex cosmetotextiles business from chemicals giant BASF....
Textile technology company Royal Ten Cate has put its first digital inkjet finishing machine into operation at its TenCate Protective & Outdoor Fabrics site in Nijverdal in the Netherlands....
Spanish retail group Inditex is in the process of rolling out a new store image for its off-price brand Lefties - but has denied that it will relaunch the whole chain....
UK department store retailer John Lewis has appointed Paula Nickolds as its new buying and brand director, succeeding Peter Ruis, who has been named CEO of clothing chain Jigsaw....
Swedish apparel company RNB Retail and Brands has appointed Hanna Sleyman as the CEO of its Departments & Stores business, replacing Amelie Söderberg, who resigned last month....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead