INDIA: H&M to open first store this year
H&M will open its first store in India this year
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is to open its first store in India this year, which will serve as its flagship in the country.
Commenting on the announcement, CEO Karl-Johan Persson said India is "one of the most exciting countries in the world right now, with so much potential".
The news comes after the retailer was last year given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India with an investment of INR7.2m (US$115.5m).
That move came after India's government in January last year agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail.
The government also eased restrictions on foreign investment into the multi-brand retail sector in August - nearly a year after initial reforms were introduced.
H&M, which is present in 53 markets worldwide, will face competition from Massimo Dutti, after its proposal to sell its clothing in India was approved last year.
Myanmar Garment Manufacturers' Association have registered more than one new garment factory opening each week throughout 2014, a consistent indicator of high growth in the industry. This popular repo...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
The company is a category leader at the group level, with its entire brand portfolio including Zara, Bershka, Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Stradivarius and Oysho. The company is pursuing a dynamic expa...
Levi Strauss & Co has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA is expanding aggressively by opening more outlets concentrated in large cities such as Kuala Lumpur. Brands that are selling in Malaysia include Zara, Bershka, M...
- The Flanarant: TPP – now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry