INDIA: H&M to open first store this year
H&M will open its first store in India this year
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is to open its first store in India this year, which will serve as its flagship in the country.
Commenting on the announcement, CEO Karl-Johan Persson said India is "one of the most exciting countries in the world right now, with so much potential".
The news comes after the retailer was last year given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India with an investment of INR7.2m (US$115.5m).
That move came after India's government in January last year agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail.
The government also eased restrictions on foreign investment into the multi-brand retail sector in August - nearly a year after initial reforms were introduced.
H&M, which is present in 53 markets worldwide, will face competition from Massimo Dutti, after its proposal to sell its clothing in India was approved last year.
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
Myanmar Garment Manufacturers' Association have registered more than one new garment factory opening each week throughout 2014, a consistent indicator of high growth in the industry. This popular repo...
New York & Company, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
Levi Strauss & Co has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Chaos in the world’s trade agreements
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- Vietnam apparel industry calls for lower wage
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019