INDIA: H&M to open first store this year
H&M will open its first store in India this year
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is to open its first store in India this year, which will serve as its flagship in the country.
Commenting on the announcement, CEO Karl-Johan Persson said India is "one of the most exciting countries in the world right now, with so much potential".
The news comes after the retailer was last year given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India with an investment of INR7.2m (US$115.5m).
That move came after India's government in January last year agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail.
The government also eased restrictions on foreign investment into the multi-brand retail sector in August - nearly a year after initial reforms were introduced.
H&M, which is present in 53 markets worldwide, will face competition from Massimo Dutti, after its proposal to sell its clothing in India was approved last year.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
Milliken & Company - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam