INDIA: H&M to open first store this year
H&M will open its first store in India this year
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is to open its first store in India this year, which will serve as its flagship in the country.
Commenting on the announcement, CEO Karl-Johan Persson said India is "one of the most exciting countries in the world right now, with so much potential".
The news comes after the retailer was last year given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India with an investment of INR7.2m (US$115.5m).
That move came after India's government in January last year agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail.
The government also eased restrictions on foreign investment into the multi-brand retail sector in August - nearly a year after initial reforms were introduced.
H&M, which is present in 53 markets worldwide, will face competition from Massimo Dutti, after its proposal to sell its clothing in India was approved last year.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
Levi Strauss & Co has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
In 2014, Myanmar’s garment industry experienced significant growth and exciting changes. Garment sector export revenues for 2014 were estimated to have reached a minimum of 1.5 billion dollars (USD) b...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- GAFTI gears up for change in apparel auditing
- Fast Retailing ramps up sustainability efforts
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Transparency call for German apparel firms
- Strike at Adidas and Nike shoe factory in Vietnam
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- Myanmar garments to benefit from export strategy
- H&M and Kering trial recycling technology
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide