INDIA: H&M to open first store this year
H&M will open its first store in India this year
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is to open its first store in India this year, which will serve as its flagship in the country.
Commenting on the announcement, CEO Karl-Johan Persson said India is "one of the most exciting countries in the world right now, with so much potential".
The news comes after the retailer was last year given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India with an investment of INR7.2m (US$115.5m).
That move came after India's government in January last year agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail.
The government also eased restrictions on foreign investment into the multi-brand retail sector in August - nearly a year after initial reforms were introduced.
H&M, which is present in 53 markets worldwide, will face competition from Massimo Dutti, after its proposal to sell its clothing in India was approved last year.
Myanmar Garment Manufacturers' Association have registered more than one new garment factory opening each week throughout 2014, a consistent indicator of high growth in the industry. This popular repo...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
The company is a category leader at the group level, with its entire brand portfolio including Zara, Bershka, Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Stradivarius and Oysho. The company is pursuing a dynamic expa...
Levi Strauss & Co has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA is expanding aggressively by opening more outlets concentrated in large cities such as Kuala Lumpur. Brands that are selling in Malaysia include Zara, Bershka, M...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015