INDIA: H&M to open first store this year
H&M will open its first store in India this year
Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) is to open its first store in India this year, which will serve as its flagship in the country.
Commenting on the announcement, CEO Karl-Johan Persson said India is "one of the most exciting countries in the world right now, with so much potential".
The news comes after the retailer was last year given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India with an investment of INR7.2m (US$115.5m).
That move came after India's government in January last year agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail.
The government also eased restrictions on foreign investment into the multi-brand retail sector in August - nearly a year after initial reforms were introduced.
H&M, which is present in 53 markets worldwide, will face competition from Massimo Dutti, after its proposal to sell its clothing in India was approved last year.
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
In 2014, Myanmar’s garment industry experienced significant growth and exciting changes. Garment sector export revenues for 2014 were estimated to have reached a minimum of 1.5 billion dollars (USD) b...
New York & Company, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
Levi Strauss & Co has settled an investigation through the US International Trade Commission (ITC) over patent infringement regarding certain laser abraded denim garments....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- Will Amazon take over the US apparel market?
- US groups seek workable apparel provisions in TPP
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Pakistan textile mills fear rash of closures
- Factory funding gap has mixed impact in Myanmar
- VF Corp ups guidance on "strong" Q2
- Under Armour secures Germany and Austria deals
- Bangladesh workers rally for unpaid wages
- Under Armour lifts outlook after Q2 revenue hike
- Intertek takes garment inspections to Myanmar
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020