SWEDEN: H&M unveils Versace collaboration
The ranges for men and women will be available from 17 November this year in about 300 stores around the world and online, with Versace also designing a pre-spring collection, available from 19 January in countries with H&M online sales.
The women’s wear collection will feature studded leather, silk and colourful prints, while sharp tailoring will be a focus for the men’s wear range.
“Versace is one of the most important brands of recent times, and their collection for H&M will be glamorous and flamboyant – everything Versace stands for,” said Margareta van den Bosch, creative advisor at H&M.
Versace follows a number of other designers in teaming up with H&M, including Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney, Jimmy Choo and Lanvin.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Retail expert Mary Portas today (13 December) set out her vision for revitalisting the UK's high streets. Here's how the industry has responded to her recommendations....
This week's research roundup features reports on global trends in the fibre sector, cotton fabric and yarn manufacturing in China, an analysis of the Bangladeshi apparel industry, and Mexico's clothin...
Ralph Lauren Corp has appointed Daniel Lalonde to the newly created role of president of its international division, where he will oversee all of the company's international operations....
As the eighth ministerial conference of the World Trade Organization (WTO) gets underway in Geneva today (15 December), the US has unveiled a number of new initiatives to help the textile and apparel ...
Fashion retailer H&M has posted a 1% drop in November same-store sales, after consumer spending continues to be hurt by economic worries and warm weather....
Joel Waller, the former CEO of teen clothier Wet Seal, is joining women's wear retailer Christopher & Banks Corporation as president for a one-year term....
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022