SWEDEN: H&M/Madonna line to launch in March
Popular fashion chain Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) will launch a line co-designed by singer Madonna next spring.
Madonna has been working with H&M's head of design Margareta van den Bosch on the 'M by Madonna' ladies' wear line, which is due to be launched internationally in March.
H&M has previously provided the singer with an off-stage wardrobe as well as kitting out her band and dancers on tour. Madonna has also designed a tracksuit for H&M in the past.
"Madonna has an impressive feel for fashion and trends. She was extraordinarily style conscious, passionate and was involved in even the smallest details of every design," H&M said.
"I've made no secret of my love of fashion over the years," added Madonna. "Working with Margareta and H&M was an exciting and new creative challenge for me. I'm really happy with the results".
Madonna's other entertainment achievements include writing books and starring in the hit film 'Evita.'
H&M has seen great success with one-off ranges designed by Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney and Viktor & Rolf.
High street stores are queuing up to get famous faces designing clothes for them, and the Kate Moss collection for Topshop is the latest sign that fashion chains are cashing in on celebrity. Joe Aylin...
Topshop customers will be asked to form an orderly queue for one of the summer's most eagerly-awaited high street clothing collections - designed by headline supermodel Kate Moss....
The Australian pop singer Kylie Minogue is the inspiration for a new limited swimwear line being launched by Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz next month....
Rodney Hutton has joined True Religion Apparel in the new post of senior vice president of merchandising, a new post at the Los Angeles, California-based denim-based lifestyle brand....
Revillon has sold its fur and ready-to-wear brand to French counterpart, Yves Salomon, for an undisclosed sum....
H&M's latest limited-edition range created "war-like" situations in stores across the country today (09 November), shoppers told just-style....
Parisian fashion house Chloe has named little-known Swedish designer Paulo Melim Andersson as its chief designer....
Protestors from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) have gatecrashed a Burberry catwalk show in protest against the luxury label's use of fur....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Under Armour, VF Corp, Skechers
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020