UK: Hobbs appoints Wrigley as chairman
Wrigley brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs
Women's wear retailer Hobbs has appointed former New Look chief, Phil Wrigley, as its chairman.
Wrigley succeeds Iain MacRitchie who joined Hobbs as chairman for a three-year term in January 2011.
He brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs, formerly as CEO, and subsequently chairman, of New Look. He has also held senior roles with Debenhams and BHS.
Wrigley also serves as chairman of Majestic Wine Warehouse and LXB Retail Properties, as well as being a non-executive director of Carluccio's.
"I would like to thank Iain for his contribution over the last three years and am thrilled to welcome Phil to the company," said chief executive Nicky Dulieu.
"Phil's extensive retail experience and knowledge will be an excellent addition to Hobbs as we move towards an exciting phase of growth; maximising our potential in the UK and also successfully entering new overseas markets."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Jigsaw product director Barbara Horspool has left the UK fashion retailer after two years in the role to join clothing and homeware retailer The White Company....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- 3D CAD comes of age
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack