UK: Hobbs appoints Wrigley as chairman
Wrigley brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs
Women's wear retailer Hobbs has appointed former New Look chief, Phil Wrigley, as its chairman.
Wrigley succeeds Iain MacRitchie who joined Hobbs as chairman for a three-year term in January 2011.
He brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs, formerly as CEO, and subsequently chairman, of New Look. He has also held senior roles with Debenhams and BHS.
Wrigley also serves as chairman of Majestic Wine Warehouse and LXB Retail Properties, as well as being a non-executive director of Carluccio's.
"I would like to thank Iain for his contribution over the last three years and am thrilled to welcome Phil to the company," said chief executive Nicky Dulieu.
"Phil's extensive retail experience and knowledge will be an excellent addition to Hobbs as we move towards an exciting phase of growth; maximising our potential in the UK and also successfully entering new overseas markets."
Canadean's "New Look Retail Group Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company over...
More than 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Jigsaw product director Barbara Horspool has left the UK fashion retailer after two years in the role to join clothing and homeware retailer The White Company....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019