UK: Hobbs appoints Wrigley as chairman
Wrigley brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs
Women's wear retailer Hobbs has appointed former New Look chief, Phil Wrigley, as its chairman.
Wrigley succeeds Iain MacRitchie who joined Hobbs as chairman for a three-year term in January 2011.
He brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs, formerly as CEO, and subsequently chairman, of New Look. He has also held senior roles with Debenhams and BHS.
Wrigley also serves as chairman of Majestic Wine Warehouse and LXB Retail Properties, as well as being a non-executive director of Carluccio's.
"I would like to thank Iain for his contribution over the last three years and am thrilled to welcome Phil to the company," said chief executive Nicky Dulieu.
"Phil's extensive retail experience and knowledge will be an excellent addition to Hobbs as we move towards an exciting phase of growth; maximising our potential in the UK and also successfully entering new overseas markets."
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Canadean's "New Look Retail Group Limited : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a co...
Canadean's "Debenhams plc : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
New look is considered as one of the UK’s top value retailers for the under 35 year-olds, offering fast fashion-led collections at very affordable prices. New Look had over 600 stores in the UK as of ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report