UK: Hobbs appoints Wrigley as chairman
Wrigley brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs
Women's wear retailer Hobbs has appointed former New Look chief, Phil Wrigley, as its chairman.
Wrigley succeeds Iain MacRitchie who joined Hobbs as chairman for a three-year term in January 2011.
He brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs, formerly as CEO, and subsequently chairman, of New Look. He has also held senior roles with Debenhams and BHS.
Wrigley also serves as chairman of Majestic Wine Warehouse and LXB Retail Properties, as well as being a non-executive director of Carluccio's.
"I would like to thank Iain for his contribution over the last three years and am thrilled to welcome Phil to the company," said chief executive Nicky Dulieu.
"Phil's extensive retail experience and knowledge will be an excellent addition to Hobbs as we move towards an exciting phase of growth; maximising our potential in the UK and also successfully entering new overseas markets."
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Jigsaw product director Barbara Horspool has left the UK fashion retailer after two years in the role to join clothing and homeware retailer The White Company....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Burlington Stores, Destination XL
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory