UK: Hobbs appoints Wrigley as chairman
Wrigley brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs
Women's wear retailer Hobbs has appointed former New Look chief, Phil Wrigley, as its chairman.
Wrigley succeeds Iain MacRitchie who joined Hobbs as chairman for a three-year term in January 2011.
He brings over 30 years of international retail experience to Hobbs, formerly as CEO, and subsequently chairman, of New Look. He has also held senior roles with Debenhams and BHS.
Wrigley also serves as chairman of Majestic Wine Warehouse and LXB Retail Properties, as well as being a non-executive director of Carluccio's.
"I would like to thank Iain for his contribution over the last three years and am thrilled to welcome Phil to the company," said chief executive Nicky Dulieu.
"Phil's extensive retail experience and knowledge will be an excellent addition to Hobbs as we move towards an exciting phase of growth; maximising our potential in the UK and also successfully entering new overseas markets."
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Jigsaw product director Barbara Horspool has left the UK fashion retailer after two years in the role to join clothing and homeware retailer The White Company....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024