UK: Hobbs' Christmas sales boosted by online growth
UK women's wear retailer Hobbs saw Christmas sales boosted by strong online growth.
The retailer said today (14 January) that sales rose 16.4% over the 10 weeks ended 5 January, with online sales rising 60.2% over the period. Store sales grew 6.1%.
"We are delighted with our Christmas performance, achieving good growth in sales
across all labels and channels, despite a tough trading environment," said chairman Iain MacRitchie.
"Our multi-channel offer plays an important role in providing our customers with a great shopping experience during the busy Christmas period.
"While we anticipate conditions will remain challenging for the retail sector over the coming year, we are looking forward to continued growth across the business both domestically and internationally in 2013."
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Adidas launches "lightest ever" football boot