UK: Hobbs e-commerce chief Amico departs
Gracia Amico joined Hobbs in September 2012
UK clothing retailer Hobbs has confirmed the departure of Gracia Amico, its director of e-commerce.
Amico has left Hobbs just 13 months after joining the company. Before taking up the role in September 2012, she was Topman online executive responsible for the firm's global e-commerce business, during which time she launched three international websites. Prior to that, Amico worked at luxury goods firm Burberry and set up her own web-based businesses.
A spokesperson for Hobbs told just-style it will be recruiting "in the medium term". In the interim, her role will be filled by Clare Dobbie, marketing and e-commerce director. No reason was given for her departure.
Last month, Hobbs appointed former New Look chief, Phil Wrigley, as its chairman.
What key strengths and strategies are helping retailers to take the lead? Building fully integrated and flexible supply chains, with an end-to-end focus on ethics and responsibility will help to separ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corporate so...
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020