UK: Hobbs strengthens team as 9-month sales surge
Fashion retailer Hobbs today (12 November) has strengthened its management team with a new director of buying and merchandising after booking a 9% jump in sales in the last nine months.
Helen Williamson joins the company from Ted Baker, and completes the new management team that includes Asos's former global marketing director Clare Dobbie, and Topman's Gracia Amico as director of e-commerce.
The retailer said sales rose to GBP87m (US$138m) in the period from February to October, with sales growth accelerating to nearly 18% in October alone.
Demand has been helped by a re-vamped website, along with a "record performance in ankle boots and dresses for the autumn/winter season.
"We've had a fantastic start to the season, with coats and boots being key drivers as customers seek high quality, contemporary winter styles," said chief executive Nicky Dulieu.
Hobbs, which has over 140 branches in the UK and Ireland as well as franchise stores in the UAE and Sweden, is now looking to grow the business both online and internationally.
Apparel sales in the Asia Pacific region are continuing on a golden growth trajectory despite a slowdown in China. Domestic brands are continuing to hold their own, and foreign brands intent on making...
Online fashion retailer Asos has posted another half of strong profit and sales growth, and confirmed plans to launch a dedicated website in China. ...
Asos international director Jon Kamaluddin is to leave the online clothing retailer at the end of the year after nine years with the business....
Canadian department store retailer Hudson's Bay Company has seen its fourth-quarter net profit nearly halve, after it was forced to clear inventory at its Lord & Taylor stores across the US after Hurr...
The online and luxury segments are set to provide a silver lining in what is an otherwise gloomy outlook for Australia's fashion industry, according to research released by IbisWorld. ...
Online clothing retailer Asos has seen second quarter sales continue to rise, driven by international growth as the UK business slowly reaches maturity. ...
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory