USA: Holman Returns To Federated As Chairman, CEO
Edwin Holman is returning to retail group Federated Department Stores Inc as chairman and chief executive officer of its Macy's Central division.
Holman rejoins the company after a 14-month break in which he worked as chairman and chief executive officer of Galyan's Trading Company Inc. Prior to that, his last position with Federated was as president and chief operating officer of Bloomingdale's from June 2000 to September 2003.
The company also announced the retirement of David Nichols from his role as president of the Rich's-Macy's, Lazarus-Macy's and Goldsmith's-Macy's divisions.
Nichols joined Federated in August 2000 after working as chairman and chief executive officer of Mercantile Stores.
Terry Lundgren, Federated's chairman and chief executive officer said: "In Ed's previous tenure with us, he demonstrated strong management and organisational leadership skills that will be invaluable to Macy's Central, and an important resource to all of Federated as we continue to expand the Macy's brand."
"We wish Dave Nichols well in his upcoming retirement…and we are deeply grateful to him for the excellent job he has done for us".
Federated is one of the leading US department store retailers, with annual sales of more than $15.2 billion.
It operates more than 450 stores under the names of Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Bon-Macy's, Burdines-Macy's, Goldsmith's-Macy's, Lazarus-Macy's and Rich's-Macy's. The company also operates macys.com and Bloomingdale's By Mail.
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020