USA: Holman Returns To Federated As Chairman, CEO
Edwin Holman is returning to retail group Federated Department Stores Inc as chairman and chief executive officer of its Macy's Central division.
Holman rejoins the company after a 14-month break in which he worked as chairman and chief executive officer of Galyan's Trading Company Inc. Prior to that, his last position with Federated was as president and chief operating officer of Bloomingdale's from June 2000 to September 2003.
The company also announced the retirement of David Nichols from his role as president of the Rich's-Macy's, Lazarus-Macy's and Goldsmith's-Macy's divisions.
Nichols joined Federated in August 2000 after working as chairman and chief executive officer of Mercantile Stores.
Terry Lundgren, Federated's chairman and chief executive officer said: "In Ed's previous tenure with us, he demonstrated strong management and organisational leadership skills that will be invaluable to Macy's Central, and an important resource to all of Federated as we continue to expand the Macy's brand."
"We wish Dave Nichols well in his upcoming retirement…and we are deeply grateful to him for the excellent job he has done for us".
Federated is one of the leading US department store retailers, with annual sales of more than $15.2 billion.
It operates more than 450 stores under the names of Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Bon-Macy's, Burdines-Macy's, Goldsmith's-Macy's, Lazarus-Macy's and Rich's-Macy's. The company also operates macys.com and Bloomingdale's By Mail.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts