US: Holme joins Old Navy design team
Holme will take on the role of VP of women's design at Old Navy
US clothing giant Gap Inc has appointed Sarah Holme as VP of women's design at Old Navy.
In a statement sent to just-style, a spokesperson for Gap said Holme "brings an expertise in brand building, design concept and global growth".
She previously served as creative director at UK clothing brand Jack Wills. Prior to that, she held positions at Abercrombie & Fitch and Laura Ashley.
Last week, the San Francisco company opened its first Old Navy store in mainland China along with a dedicated e-commerce site, with plans to open four additional stores under the banner in fiscal 2014.
Separately, Gap reported a 12.5% fourth-quarter profit drop, adding that it expects weakening foreign currencies to hit earnings for the full year.
The Gap Inc has demonstrated that it understands the direction of the apparel market, and is using its digital platforms in conjunction with its physical stores to drive growth. The company has benefi...
Gap Inc’s sales performance in 2012 highlights a successful turnaround is well underway. Innovative marketing combined with an omni-channel focus places the company well to regain lost market share. G...
Gap Inc appears firmly set on recovery, thanks to a renewed focus on style and quality, a good customer response towards its e-commerce initiative and stabilisation of market share in the US, its home...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 201...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry