UK: Holmes To Join M&S In January
Roger Holmes, who was hired last month, is to join Marks and Spencer on January 1 next year, the company announced this week. Mr Holmes will join the M&S board immediately and is to be groomed as chief executive, effectively replacing Peter Salsbury, who left in September after months of damaging speculation about his future. An M&S spokesman said: "We are happy we've now got a date secured in the diary. We are looking forward to his strong strategic skills and are confident he will help turn around the flagging profits." He will step down from the Kingfisher board this month and will leave the company formally in December. M&S will pay him an annual salary of £400,000, plus a share option package.Mr Holmes earlier than expected arrival from Kingfisher has been extracted at a price - M&S has promised not to poach other Kingfisher employees for at least a year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack