UK: Holmes To Join M&S In January
Roger Holmes, who was hired last month, is to join Marks and Spencer on January 1 next year, the company announced this week. Mr Holmes will join the M&S board immediately and is to be groomed as chief executive, effectively replacing Peter Salsbury, who left in September after months of damaging speculation about his future. An M&S spokesman said: "We are happy we've now got a date secured in the diary. We are looking forward to his strong strategic skills and are confident he will help turn around the flagging profits." He will step down from the Kingfisher board this month and will leave the company formally in December. M&S will pay him an annual salary of £400,000, plus a share option package.Mr Holmes earlier than expected arrival from Kingfisher has been extracted at a price - M&S has promised not to poach other Kingfisher employees for at least a year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022