UK: Holmes To Join M&S In January
Roger Holmes, who was hired last month, is to join Marks and Spencer on January 1 next year, the company announced this week. Mr Holmes will join the M&S board immediately and is to be groomed as chief executive, effectively replacing Peter Salsbury, who left in September after months of damaging speculation about his future. An M&S spokesman said: "We are happy we've now got a date secured in the diary. We are looking forward to his strong strategic skills and are confident he will help turn around the flagging profits." He will step down from the Kingfisher board this month and will leave the company formally in December. M&S will pay him an annual salary of £400,000, plus a share option package.Mr Holmes earlier than expected arrival from Kingfisher has been extracted at a price - M&S has promised not to poach other Kingfisher employees for at least a year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective