UK: Holmes To Join M&S In January
Roger Holmes, who was hired last month, is to join Marks and Spencer on January 1 next year, the company announced this week. Mr Holmes will join the M&S board immediately and is to be groomed as chief executive, effectively replacing Peter Salsbury, who left in September after months of damaging speculation about his future. An M&S spokesman said: "We are happy we've now got a date secured in the diary. We are looking forward to his strong strategic skills and are confident he will help turn around the flagging profits." He will step down from the Kingfisher board this month and will leave the company formally in December. M&S will pay him an annual salary of £400,000, plus a share option package.Mr Holmes earlier than expected arrival from Kingfisher has been extracted at a price - M&S has promised not to poach other Kingfisher employees for at least a year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing