UK: Hong Kong Company Pulls Out Of Coats Viyella Talks
Hong Kong trading company, Li & Fung, has withdrawn from talks to buy Coats Viyella's clothing manufacturing business, according to The Times newspaper. And no details are being released on who the latest contenders to acquire a number of Coats Viyella factories are. Li & Fung had been rumoured to be interested in buying a number of Coats Viyella's factories, including its Marks & Spencer contract operation.A spokesman for Coats Viyella declined to comment on the report in today's Times that the Hong Kong company had pulled out of talks. The spokesman however did say: "We are in discussions with several parties and enjoy a choice of deals to go with. We are approaching a decision." Coats Viyella announced in September that it was pulling out of the contract clothing, home furnishings and branded clothing businesses. It intends to concentrate on its global threads business instead.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective