UK: Hong Kong Company Pulls Out Of Coats Viyella Talks
Hong Kong trading company, Li & Fung, has withdrawn from talks to buy Coats Viyella's clothing manufacturing business, according to The Times newspaper. And no details are being released on who the latest contenders to acquire a number of Coats Viyella factories are. Li & Fung had been rumoured to be interested in buying a number of Coats Viyella's factories, including its Marks & Spencer contract operation.A spokesman for Coats Viyella declined to comment on the report in today's Times that the Hong Kong company had pulled out of talks. The spokesman however did say: "We are in discussions with several parties and enjoy a choice of deals to go with. We are approaching a decision." Coats Viyella announced in September that it was pulling out of the contract clothing, home furnishings and branded clothing businesses. It intends to concentrate on its global threads business instead.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020