VIETNAM: Hong Kong Textile Joint Venture Launched
New joint venture, the Vietnam-Hong Kong garment and textiles Co Ltd (Vinatex HK) has been inaugurated at the New World Renaissance Hotel in Hong Kong, Asia Pulse reported today. The new company will be a collaboration between the Vietnam Garment and Textiles Corporation (Vinatex) and Hong Kong's Goldsmart Group. Present at the inauguration ceremony were Deputy Industry Minister Le Huy Con, Consul General in Hong Kong Nguyen Viet Hung, and more than 150 representatives from foreign consulates general and business groups in Hong Kong. Deputy Minister Con and Vinatex general director Bui Xuan Khu held that the establishment of the Vinatex HK Ltd would help Vietnam's garment and textiles sector outreach its markets. The national corporation earned an export turnover of US$ 484.2m in 1999, a year-on-year increase of 7.4 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022