VIETNAM: Hong Kong Textile Joint Venture Launched
New joint venture, the Vietnam-Hong Kong garment and textiles Co Ltd (Vinatex HK) has been inaugurated at the New World Renaissance Hotel in Hong Kong, Asia Pulse reported today. The new company will be a collaboration between the Vietnam Garment and Textiles Corporation (Vinatex) and Hong Kong's Goldsmart Group. Present at the inauguration ceremony were Deputy Industry Minister Le Huy Con, Consul General in Hong Kong Nguyen Viet Hung, and more than 150 representatives from foreign consulates general and business groups in Hong Kong. Deputy Minister Con and Vinatex general director Bui Xuan Khu held that the establishment of the Vinatex HK Ltd would help Vietnam's garment and textiles sector outreach its markets. The national corporation earned an export turnover of US$ 484.2m in 1999, a year-on-year increase of 7.4 per cent.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"