US: Hooded jackets recalled on strangulation hazard
The girls jackets were sold in girls sizes 4 through 12
Ram's Imports has recalled around 756 IQ-branded girls' hooded pink leopard jackets because a drawstring through the hood poses a strangulation hazard to children.
But the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) stressed that no injuries have been reported yet.
The jackets, which were made in Indonesia, were sold in girls sizes 4 through 12 at Burlington Coat Factory stores in the US between October 2010 and August 2013 for US$15.
This recall involves girls pink hooded jackets. The jacket is 97 % cotton 3% spandex. The jackets have pink and black leopard print drawstrings and pink and black leopard print on the sides of the jacket. "IQ girls" is printed on the sewn-in label located on the back of the neck. The model number included in the recall is 86557 and can be found printed on a sewn in label in the back of the neck. This recall involves jacket sizes girls 4 through 12.
Consumers should immediately remove the drawstrings from the garment to eliminate the hazard or return the garment to Ram’s Imports Inc. for a full refund.
Sold exclusively at
Burlington Coat Factory stores nationwide October 2010 through August 2013 for about $15.
Ram’s Imports Inc. of New York, N.Y.
Original source: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/Rams-Imports-Recalls-Girls-Pink-Leopard-Jackets/
Canadean's "Burlington Coat Factory Investments Holdings, Inc.: Retail - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contain...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy