USA: Hosiery Makes A Comeback
The latest comeback, continuing to make news on the runways, has millions of women expressing a sigh of relief - hosiery. Although the bare legged phenomenon was hot in the early-to-mid 90s, even women who embraced it now willingly admit how impractical, uncomfortable and, most of all, unflattering it was to forego the beauty of legwear. A bevy of the most popular designers - including John Bartlett, Victor Alfaro, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan and Anna Sui - agree. Since fall 1999, hosiery has played a commanding role on the runways, accentuating beautiful looks and legs. For Fall 2000, the key ingredient behind the classic, ultra feminine look (think Audrey Hepburn) is sheer hosiery. Of course, with the return of this versatile accessory, come consumer questions. With so many styles, how do consumers pick the product that's right for them? Reading the hosiery package is helpful to find the perfect pair of sheers, which range in styles from sheer-to-waist to control top to toeless. Below are some helpful hints from the Hosiery Partnership for Consumer Education. For more information on hosiery, consumers can receive a FREE brochure by calling 1-800-346-7379. In addition, for a comprehensive press kit with up-to-date technology information, color slides from the runways and hosiery fun facts, call Sherri Satalof at (212) 453-2228.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts