USA: Hosiery Makes A Comeback
The latest comeback, continuing to make news on the runways, has millions of women expressing a sigh of relief - hosiery. Although the bare legged phenomenon was hot in the early-to-mid 90s, even women who embraced it now willingly admit how impractical, uncomfortable and, most of all, unflattering it was to forego the beauty of legwear. A bevy of the most popular designers - including John Bartlett, Victor Alfaro, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan and Anna Sui - agree. Since fall 1999, hosiery has played a commanding role on the runways, accentuating beautiful looks and legs. For Fall 2000, the key ingredient behind the classic, ultra feminine look (think Audrey Hepburn) is sheer hosiery. Of course, with the return of this versatile accessory, come consumer questions. With so many styles, how do consumers pick the product that's right for them? Reading the hosiery package is helpful to find the perfect pair of sheers, which range in styles from sheer-to-waist to control top to toeless. Below are some helpful hints from the Hosiery Partnership for Consumer Education. For more information on hosiery, consumers can receive a FREE brochure by calling 1-800-346-7379. In addition, for a comprehensive press kit with up-to-date technology information, color slides from the runways and hosiery fun facts, call Sherri Satalof at (212) 453-2228.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020