US: Hot Topic appoints CEO Harper as chairman
US apparel retailer Hot Topic has named company CEO Lisa Harper as chairman of its board of directors.
The company announced on Friday (4 November) that she will replace Bruce Quinnell following the completion of his current term, ending in June 2012. He will continue to serve as chairman of the company's audit committee.
Matthew Drapkin has also been appointed as lead director to provide guidance and act as a liaison between Harper and the company's independent directors.
"We thank Bruce for his dedicated service and many contributions over the last nine years as chairman and 13 years as a member of our board," said Harper.
US clothing retailer Hot Topic has appointed John Kyees to its board of directors and said he will serve as a member of its audit committee....
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year's fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales....
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Who has pledged to ban the use of angora?
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Key Bangladesh safety issues still not fixed
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024