US: Hot Topic appoints CEO Harper as chairman
US apparel retailer Hot Topic has named company CEO Lisa Harper as chairman of its board of directors.
The company announced on Friday (4 November) that she will replace Bruce Quinnell following the completion of his current term, ending in June 2012. He will continue to serve as chairman of the company's audit committee.
Matthew Drapkin has also been appointed as lead director to provide guidance and act as a liaison between Harper and the company's independent directors.
"We thank Bruce for his dedicated service and many contributions over the last nine years as chairman and 13 years as a member of our board," said Harper.
US clothing retailer Hot Topic has appointed John Kyees to its board of directors and said he will serve as a member of its audit committee....
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year's fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase