US: Hot Topic appoints CEO Harper as chairman
US apparel retailer Hot Topic has named company CEO Lisa Harper as chairman of its board of directors.
The company announced on Friday (4 November) that she will replace Bruce Quinnell following the completion of his current term, ending in June 2012. He will continue to serve as chairman of the company's audit committee.
Matthew Drapkin has also been appointed as lead director to provide guidance and act as a liaison between Harper and the company's independent directors.
"We thank Bruce for his dedicated service and many contributions over the last nine years as chairman and 13 years as a member of our board," said Harper.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US clothing retailer Hot Topic has appointed John Kyees to its board of directors and said he will serve as a member of its audit committee....
Retailer Hot Topic overturned last year's fourth quarter loss with a net profit of US$9m, despite a slight decrease in sales....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022