US: Hot Topic appoints Kyees to board
US clothing retailer Hot Topic has appointed John Kyees to its board of directors and said he will serve as a member of its audit committee.
The company said yesterday (22 March) that Kyees has over 23 years of experience as chief financial officer for speciality retailers including, most recently as CFO of Urban Outfitters.
"We are thrilled to add someone of John Kyees' caliber to our board. In addition to his financial expertise, he brings to the board a knowledge of retail strategies and the teen retail market. He will be an especially important addition to our Audit Committee," said chairman and CEO Lisa Harper.
Further opportunities exist to develop online sales for footwear, according to a new report from market research company The NPD Group....
Men's wear manufacturer Haggar Clothing Co has appointed Tony Anzovino as vice president of sourcing as it positions itself for further growth....
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities....
Fashion retailer Urban Outfitters recorded an 8% increase in net profit in the three months to 31 July, boosted by a strong increase in direct to consumer sales....
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape