US: Hot Topic appoints Kyees to board
US clothing retailer Hot Topic has appointed John Kyees to its board of directors and said he will serve as a member of its audit committee.
The company said yesterday (22 March) that Kyees has over 23 years of experience as chief financial officer for speciality retailers including, most recently as CFO of Urban Outfitters.
"We are thrilled to add someone of John Kyees' caliber to our board. In addition to his financial expertise, he brings to the board a knowledge of retail strategies and the teen retail market. He will be an especially important addition to our Audit Committee," said chairman and CEO Lisa Harper.
Further opportunities exist to develop online sales for footwear, according to a new report from market research company The NPD Group....
Men's wear manufacturer Haggar Clothing Co has appointed Tony Anzovino as vice president of sourcing as it positions itself for further growth....
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities....
Fashion retailer Urban Outfitters recorded an 8% increase in net profit in the three months to 31 July, boosted by a strong increase in direct to consumer sales....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Low cotton prices lead to government intervention
- Made in USA certification ordered to verify claims