US: Hot Topic appoints Kyees to board
US clothing retailer Hot Topic has appointed John Kyees to its board of directors and said he will serve as a member of its audit committee.
The company said yesterday (22 March) that Kyees has over 23 years of experience as chief financial officer for speciality retailers including, most recently as CFO of Urban Outfitters.
"We are thrilled to add someone of John Kyees' caliber to our board. In addition to his financial expertise, he brings to the board a knowledge of retail strategies and the teen retail market. He will be an especially important addition to our Audit Committee," said chairman and CEO Lisa Harper.
Further opportunities exist to develop online sales for footwear, according to a new report from market research company The NPD Group....
Men's wear manufacturer Haggar Clothing Co has appointed Tony Anzovino as vice president of sourcing as it positions itself for further growth....
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities....
Fashion retailer Urban Outfitters recorded an 8% increase in net profit in the three months to 31 July, boosted by a strong increase in direct to consumer sales....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024