USA: Hot Topic Appoints New Vice President
Hot Topic Inc (Nasdaq:HOTT), a mall-based specialty retailer of music-licensed and music-influenced apparel, accessories and gift items for teens, today announced the appointment of Patti Bodner as vice president of hottopic.com, the company's Internet subsidiary. Bodner will report to Betsy McLaughlin, the company's president. "I am very pleased to have Patti join us in this key executive role, which will be responsible for the expansion and enhancement of hottopic.com and the strengthening of the Hot Topic brand," stated McLaughlin. "Patti brings to Hot Topic a strong Web development, e-commerce and marketing background. hottopic.com has been in operation 35 months, was profitable in fiscal 1999 and continues to experience significant sales increases." Previously, Bodner was chief marketing officer at allpets.com, directing the Web site strategy and development. In addition, Bodner oversaw corporate and consumer marketing and development of the site content and community. Prior to allpets.com, Bodner had marketing responsibilities at Digital Lava Inc, a communications application services provider for streaming media technology, Inscape, a multimedia developer and publisher of CD-ROM games and Hollywood movie studios such as New Line Cinema and Warner Bros. Bodner said, "I am excited about the opportunities at Hot Topic to continue building the already very successful Internet business and the crossover marketing with the retail store base." Hot Topic Inc is a mall-based specialty retailer of music-licensed and music-influenced apparel, accessories and gift items for young men and women principally between the ages of 12 and 22. The company currently operates 235 stores in 44 states throughout the United States and an Internet store
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar