US: Hot Topic appoints two executives
Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief information officer and Jeff Allison as senior vice president of planning and allocation.
The apparel brand said today (1 September) Hendricks will lead all information technology for Hot Topic. He was previously chief information officer at Gymboree Corporation, where Hot Topic said he led many successful major systems implementations. He was also responsible for distribution and logistics.
Allison will lead the merchandise planning and allocation teams for both the Hot Topic and Torrid brands. He most recently served as SVP, planning and allocation for Chico's FAS. Prior to Chico's Allison served for 10 years in several senior executive roles in merchandising, planning, and allocation and finance at JCPenney.
They will both report to CEO Lisa Harper. "We are very pleased to have both Don and Jeff join our team," said Harper. "Their diverse experience in retail and strong leadership skills in their respective areas will add significant strength to our senior management team. We feel that the quality of leaders that we have selected to fill these critical roles will help us execute our strategy and elevate the business to the next level."
Women's wear retailer Chico's FAS Inc has booked a 21% jump in fourth quarter profit, thanks to higher sales across all its stores and the acquisition of online retailer Boston Proper in September....
Women's wear retailer Chico's FAS Inc is expanding its headquarters in Fort Myers, Florida, after securing $3.26m in financial incentives to support the move....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019