US: Hot Topic appoints two executives
Hot Topic has announced the appointment of two executives - Don Hendricks as chief information officer and Jeff Allison as senior vice president of planning and allocation.
The apparel brand said today (1 September) Hendricks will lead all information technology for Hot Topic. He was previously chief information officer at Gymboree Corporation, where Hot Topic said he led many successful major systems implementations. He was also responsible for distribution and logistics.
Allison will lead the merchandise planning and allocation teams for both the Hot Topic and Torrid brands. He most recently served as SVP, planning and allocation for Chico's FAS. Prior to Chico's Allison served for 10 years in several senior executive roles in merchandising, planning, and allocation and finance at JCPenney.
They will both report to CEO Lisa Harper. "We are very pleased to have both Don and Jeff join our team," said Harper. "Their diverse experience in retail and strong leadership skills in their respective areas will add significant strength to our senior management team. We feel that the quality of leaders that we have selected to fill these critical roles will help us execute our strategy and elevate the business to the next level."
Women's wear retailer Chico's FAS Inc has booked a 21% jump in fourth quarter profit, thanks to higher sales across all its stores and the acquisition of online retailer Boston Proper in September....
Women's wear retailer Chico's FAS Inc is expanding its headquarters in Fort Myers, Florida, after securing $3.26m in financial incentives to support the move....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015