US: Hot Topic chief stores officer Cook resigns
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities.
The retailer, which operates under the Hot Topic and Torrid concepts, said it will commence a search to ensure Cook can pass his responsibilities onto his successor.
The company said Cook is leaving to relocate his family to Texas. Cook is expected to leave on 28 February 2013.
Last month, the company saw its second-quarter losses narrow on the back of rising sales. Net losses narrowed to US$800,000 over the second quarter, against a $6.2m net loss in the same period of the prior year.
|Hot Topic, Inc. Announces Chief Store Officer Transition|
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 6, 2012-- Hot Topic, Inc. (Nasdaq Global Select Market: HOTT) announced today thatJerry Cook has resigned as Chief Store Officer, effective February 28, 2013. Mr. Cook is leaving the company to relocate his family toTexas, and will pursue other professional opportunities.
“We are thankful to Jerry for his dedicated service to the company over the years, and he will be missed,” said Lisa Harper, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hot Topic, Inc. “We wish Jerry and his family much success, and are grateful he has given us plenty of time to identify a successor and ensure a smooth transition.”
The company will commence a search with the objective of ensuring Mr. Cook can transition his responsibilities to his successor.
About Hot Topic, Inc.
Hot Topic, Inc. is a mall- and web-based specialty retailer operating the Hot Topic and Torrid concepts. Hot Topic offers music/pop culture-licensed and music/pop culture-influenced apparel, accessories, music and gift items for young men and women. Torrid retails on-trend fashion apparel, lingerie and accessories inspired by and designed to fit the young, voluptuous woman who wears size 12 and up. As of September 6, 2012, the company operated 620 Hot Topic stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada, 178 Torrid stores, and Internet stores at HotTopic.com and Torrid.com.
Original source: Hot Topic
Hot Topic chief financial officer Jim McGinty is to step down from the apparel and accessories retailer....
US teen apparel retailer Hot Topic today (3 January) revealed that it expects 2013 earnings to rise 30-35% over fiscal 2012 as it works to open new stores....
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Jeans in Italy
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects