US: Hot Topic chief stores officer Cook resigns
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities.
The retailer, which operates under the Hot Topic and Torrid concepts, said it will commence a search to ensure Cook can pass his responsibilities onto his successor.
The company said Cook is leaving to relocate his family to Texas. Cook is expected to leave on 28 February 2013.
Last month, the company saw its second-quarter losses narrow on the back of rising sales. Net losses narrowed to US$800,000 over the second quarter, against a $6.2m net loss in the same period of the prior year.
|Hot Topic, Inc. Announces Chief Store Officer Transition|
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 6, 2012-- Hot Topic, Inc. (Nasdaq Global Select Market: HOTT) announced today thatJerry Cook has resigned as Chief Store Officer, effective February 28, 2013. Mr. Cook is leaving the company to relocate his family toTexas, and will pursue other professional opportunities.
“We are thankful to Jerry for his dedicated service to the company over the years, and he will be missed,” said Lisa Harper, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hot Topic, Inc. “We wish Jerry and his family much success, and are grateful he has given us plenty of time to identify a successor and ensure a smooth transition.”
The company will commence a search with the objective of ensuring Mr. Cook can transition his responsibilities to his successor.
About Hot Topic, Inc.
Hot Topic, Inc. is a mall- and web-based specialty retailer operating the Hot Topic and Torrid concepts. Hot Topic offers music/pop culture-licensed and music/pop culture-influenced apparel, accessories, music and gift items for young men and women. Torrid retails on-trend fashion apparel, lingerie and accessories inspired by and designed to fit the young, voluptuous woman who wears size 12 and up. As of September 6, 2012, the company operated 620 Hot Topic stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada, 178 Torrid stores, and Internet stores at HotTopic.com and Torrid.com.
Original source: Hot Topic
Hot Topic chief financial officer Jim McGinty is to step down from the apparel and accessories retailer....
US teen apparel retailer Hot Topic today (3 January) revealed that it expects 2013 earnings to rise 30-35% over fiscal 2012 as it works to open new stores....
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- Retailers voice concerns on Scottish independence
- India's labour law reforms edge a step closer
- H&M goes green with Conscious Denim
- TPP talks "make progress" but issues remain
- Under Armour "resonating strongly" with consumers
- Adidas defends position despite investor unrest
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details