US: Hot Topic chief stores officer Cook resigns
Jerry Cook, chief store officer of US retailer Hot Topic, has resigned from the company to pursue other professional opportunities.
The retailer, which operates under the Hot Topic and Torrid concepts, said it will commence a search to ensure Cook can pass his responsibilities onto his successor.
The company said Cook is leaving to relocate his family to Texas. Cook is expected to leave on 28 February 2013.
Last month, the company saw its second-quarter losses narrow on the back of rising sales. Net losses narrowed to US$800,000 over the second quarter, against a $6.2m net loss in the same period of the prior year.
|Hot Topic, Inc. Announces Chief Store Officer Transition|
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 6, 2012-- Hot Topic, Inc. (Nasdaq Global Select Market: HOTT) announced today thatJerry Cook has resigned as Chief Store Officer, effective February 28, 2013. Mr. Cook is leaving the company to relocate his family toTexas, and will pursue other professional opportunities.
“We are thankful to Jerry for his dedicated service to the company over the years, and he will be missed,” said Lisa Harper, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hot Topic, Inc. “We wish Jerry and his family much success, and are grateful he has given us plenty of time to identify a successor and ensure a smooth transition.”
The company will commence a search with the objective of ensuring Mr. Cook can transition his responsibilities to his successor.
About Hot Topic, Inc.
Hot Topic, Inc. is a mall- and web-based specialty retailer operating the Hot Topic and Torrid concepts. Hot Topic offers music/pop culture-licensed and music/pop culture-influenced apparel, accessories, music and gift items for young men and women. Torrid retails on-trend fashion apparel, lingerie and accessories inspired by and designed to fit the young, voluptuous woman who wears size 12 and up. As of September 6, 2012, the company operated 620 Hot Topic stores in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada, 178 Torrid stores, and Internet stores at HotTopic.com and Torrid.com.
Original source: Hot Topic
Hot Topic chief financial officer Jim McGinty is to step down from the apparel and accessories retailer....
US teen apparel retailer Hot Topic today (3 January) revealed that it expects 2013 earnings to rise 30-35% over fiscal 2012 as it works to open new stores....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015