USA: Hot Topic Director To Turn Up Heat On Rivals
A prominent retail strategist has joined the board of directors at music-influenced apparel and accessories retailer Hot Topic Inc.
Cynthia R Cohen is considered one of the nation's leading authorities on branding and retail image. Her areas of expertise include strategic positioning, branding, merchandising, e-commerce and new concept development.
She is also known for her groundbreaking research on the buying habits of ethnic consumers, Generation Y and tweens. In 1990, she founded marketing and strategy-consulting firm Strategic Mindshare.
Robert Jaffe, chairman of the board, said: "The board is excited to have Cynthia Cohen join us. Cynthia brings to the board knowledge of our customers and retail corporate strategies. We look forward to her valuable contribution."
Hot Topic Inc operates 333 stores in 48 states throughout the US.
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Companies: Hot Topic Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
If you're in the apparel industry, you've likely heard the term "nanotechnology" and its claims to revolutionise the marketplace writes Stacy Baker. It's being used to impart characteristics onto fabr...
Apparel retailer Hot Topic posted a net income for the fourth quarter of US$10.6m compared to $17.4m during the same period a year ago, in part due to impairment charges and gift card redemption issue...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' February sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' January sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available. ...
Mall-based retailer Hot Topic said Patricia Van Cleave, president of its Torrid division, has resigned to pursue other interests....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' November sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' October sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Apparel and accessories retailer Hot Topic Inc has announced two vice-president appointments and has reported a lowered second-quarter net income....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022